Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guys Wanted!
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Partner Promos
joshiejack
Okay me and mint are searching for talented people good at any form of rct and any version. We are looking for people who would like to have a designers section to hold most of your rct work. If you are interested please send a PM to mintliquer entitled designer application

This is what we can offer you, this also included the benefits you would recieve at the forums too

Here's the announcement at my place

'We are now looking for people to be part of the rct design team, being part of this group will have it's privileges being able to have you own personal folders in our gallery to store your images, you will also recieve space for storage of any files you may have. There are also some forum privileges that you will recive this includes:

You will recieve about 100mb for total uploads specific to this forum and 8mb for each attachment and about 1gb overall stored offsite(can upload files of any size off site).
Personal Photo's can be 300x300
Flood control removed for your group
You will be able to pin/unpin open/close and delete your own topics and posts

And best of all your name will apear in orange!

All we ask is that you are comitted to us, and that some of your work is a wildmans exclusive, if you wish to apply for this please PM mintliquer any question ask in the subsequent forum please. Please contain within the PM any other information that will make us choose you, if you do not include any screens or links to some of your work we are sorry but we will not accept you until you do.'

Where it says subsequent forum ignore that part thats the quote, any questions just ask them right here in this topic

JJ banana-blink.gif & bananarock.gif /mint

P.S. The Space limit allowance of 1gb may be subject to change depending on how much you contribute banana-impatient.gif , It will never decrease it will only increase at times
Spunknit
~Moved to site advertising~
jonnyrocks
Wjhere is this being held, and who do I send the pm application to? Can you give me a web address?
joshiejack
You can send a Pm application to mintliquer and its being held at my place, we are small at the moment but with this offer for people hope to expand.

url: link removed due to offending material

The 1gb space is off site, it is almost set up and ready just a few more configurations.

JJ banana-blink.gif & banana.gif/mint
ObsceneJester
My suggestions for you...

1-Clean up the language on the site, it does nothing but show ignorance and immaturity.
2-Fix all your grammatical errors, they suggest unorganization and poor leadership.
3-Get a more personalized skin.
4-Make your homepage to where it fits all browsers, and all screen resolutions. Especially the AOL browser. While AOL is hated by many, its loved by more, and millions use it, your only turning away members by having a site that doesnt fit their browser or screen.

If you really want to succeed, build a site, use a file download system such as pafiledb to organize your designers and your own files, and get something special going on for you that no other site has. I understand this is said over and over again, but it's really the only key to success, originality.

Good luck,
OJ
Wagi
Since you also posted this at rct2.com, I'll ask the same question here... why are you accepting applications for people to work and do exclusives for YOUR site through pm's HERE? banana-confused.gif

Wouldn't it make a little more sense to have people go to your site to contact you? Is there a problem or reason why they shouldn't contact you there instead of conducting your business using another site's resources? I just don't understand this. Don't you spend time or check messages at your own site too? I know that you spend hours and hours here...

You make a nice list of offers, I would just remind you that allowing mass mailings if people have not given permission beforehand is considered spamming and can get the person doing it...as awell as the site...into big trouble. You might want to think that one over a little. But boy, that promise of a orange username is exciting! Good luck on your site! banana-pompom.gif

**EDIT: mint was good enough to update a similar post elsewhere with a reminder that anyone interested to be sure to stop by the wildman forums link removed due to offending material, where you can ask any questions and also have an opprotunity to join the forums. Thanks mint! Hope people stop by and see what's going on there. Good luck on this guys!
eastbayboy
Hmmmm.... I'm a little iffy about this site....

As soon as I clicked on it, I had a trojan come through....
joshiejack
Um i don't understand why that was, thats very odd, i'll investigate that for you EBB, thats never happened before, oh and Wagi about the mass PM, i didn't think about that do you suggest i remove that? banana-smile2.gif

JJ banana-blink.gif

P.s. Thanks Wagi i appreciate it, GO WAGI! banana-pompom.gif
Wagi
QUOTE(joshiejack @ May 23 2005, 02:49 PM)
oh and Wagi about the mass PM, i didn't think about that do you suggest i remove that? banana-smile2.gif

Having been involved with a number of sites over the course of a few years, I can't recall ever having one actually send out e-mails. I've belonged to a couple RCT that sent them, but only because I authorized them to do so. One of them sent a worthwhile note about something coming up, the other's sent what I would call spam if I hadn't agreed to it. Needless to say I no longer get stuff from them. I just really can't see where anyone needs to e-mail people, and I think it leaves you open for some serious problems, the same with mass pm's in most cases (not all, just most). We all know there are people in the community who like to cause problems...why make it easy for them? It leaves YOU responsible for their actions. That's just my point of view.

The only other thing you might think about is the fact that some of the language on your site is not appropriate for younger members and may also not be appreciated by others (myself included...). If you really want to attract designers you need to make a site that is friendly and welcoming to all. Cussing might be a part of your everyday speech, but for a lot of people it's not. Just depends on whether you want to have a membership that's very inclusive of all ages and beliefs or one that's aimed towards a small segment that feels the need to cuss in public...you're call.
joshiejack
Well i didn't put that section there in the first place it was a suggestion of x250's, and quite a few members thought it was a good idea because they aren't many rct sites that allow, ok i will disable the mass pm'ing except for staff who will most likely need it, thanks for your input and advice Wagi.

Should I completly remove it or password protect it for those that don't want to access that forum and people can either request the password or buy an item from the shop which sends them the password.

OJ, sorry i missed you there
1-Above I have suggested maybe a solution
2-The errors were stupid ok, if you see any please tell me but if you say favourite spelt wrong or things like that remember i'm british and thats how we spell it wink.gif
3-I will think about the skin, most people like the one which i have though i'll work on it
4-Make your homepage to where it fits all browsers - Now that is a problem i cannot solve i have been trying to fix that for a month, if you have any idea how i could do this can you please PM me.

All screen resolutions - That one shouldn't be too hard i'll work on it right away, edit: well the resolutions are fine for me

Especially the AOL browser. While AOL is hated by many, its loved by more, and millions use it, your only turning away members by having a site that doesnt fit their browser or screen.

- Yes the browser problem has been happening for a while i have no problem why that is i'll have to investigate that more also if you have any ideas please pm me again

also it seems to work in AOL for me odd

If you really want to succeed, build a site, use a file download system such as pafiledb to organize your designers and your own files, and get something special going on for you that no other site has. I understand this is said over and over again, but it's really the only key to success, originality.

pafiledb - we are

btw mint is working on a little write up on what makes a site/forums successful so can't wait for that, it will help us.
We have the host for the actual site, it is currently in the planning stage, but for now we have the portal banana-wink.gif

JJ banana-blink.gif

P.s. cheers for the support guys banana-grin.gif

Edit by JJ: Features updated mass pming removed, cheers wagi wink.gif
skyvanman
To make it usable for all browsers you have to test in all browsers and make it css compatible and use html tidy and use only certified things. The problem arises when you have a person using a browser that does not follow W3C guidelines and other things. The best way to do this is to have a site that is compatible with W3C, have a site that works with the browsers that do not follow W3C guidelines and are popular, and have a site that is basic text if you want to be accessible to people running ancient browsers. This would require creating multiple versions of your iste meant for different things. Also you may want to try using fixed width tables at a small size 800x600 and then maybe create another version with stretched one for people using much higher resolutions. I know this all seems daunting, the reason is because this is. The easiest way to create a site usable by all is to have no dynamic content and just have text and images and, eliminate tables, even though they are useful, they and IE only code are some of the biggest problems that occur. I don't know why but it just happens. I don't want to explain every step of this to you becuase I do not have time nor do many others, also I do not know css well enough to fix all problems. Anyways, if you are serious about creating your own site and making it work for all broswers I would invest in a book on how to write html and also a book on css. I know it may be out of your league to do it, but it even happens to some companies. Anyways this is the pretty much foolproof way to make it work in all browsers and yes some of it does contradict but that is becuase I have 2 ideas in the post. Sorry if this is extremely confusing but these are the two things I have seen that fix browser compatibility problems the best.
joshiejack
Ok skyvanman i'll test that all out, i know someone who is fluent in html (tidy?), i'll get him to check it out for me, I'll try and sort the css out, i am determined to do it banana-grin.gif if not i'm sure i can find someone to help, thanks for the input but like u said banana-confused.gif

JJ banana-blink.gif
ObsceneJester
On the subject of it not appearing right in AOL, i meant that your tables are set to percentages, which is what's causing the page to appear wrongly.

Instead, use absolute numbers, a max width of 900px usually works on everything, but if you want, you can always be safe and go with 800px (I do). The thing that is showing up wrong is your horizantle nav bar, the links spill over, so I guess you'd also need to fix that were you to resize the tables.

Anyways, on the password protecting the profanities (if I understood you right in that was what you were planning to do), I would reccommend removing the swear area altogether. Most people don't mind not swearing at a certain site that doesnt allow it, they've gotten used to this. However, people who do not agree/support/believe in/associate with swearing, will not be interested in a site that has it, whether its visible or not. This is even more so for people who dissaprove cussing from a moral standpoint, they wont want to visit your site if it is remotely affiliated with things of this sort.

So, you have alot to think about. No one can tell you how to run your site, thats you and your partner(s) job. But right now is when you will decide what kind of site yours will be, what category it will fall in, and overall its future in this community. So whatever you do, make your selections carefully. Speaking from experience, it's hard to go back and change a site's image later.
Wagi
I'll give Joshiejacks kudos for being willing to listen to people's suggestions, that's a good sign of being serious about making a good site. Keep up the good work!
joshiejack
Are the viewing on lower resolution better now?

also this is one thing that really bugs me, for most browsers people are able to log in such as Fire Fox and Opera, but the one thing that doesn't help is that when usng IE it will not log you in, does anyone know how i could fix this, it is a crtical factor because most people still use IE and that will be turning people away like OJ said. I don't really want to use fixed numbers it doesn't feel right to me, i would rather use percentages banana-pbbbt.gif sorry sad.gif

thanks wagi banana3.gif

JJ banana-blink.gif

P.s. thanks for the suggestions/support/help and on a side note, what does kudos mean? banana-confused.gif
MidwestBoyInLA
Instead, use absolute numbers, a max width of 900px

The best width to use on your web pages is a fixed width of 756. It takes into account 800x600 screen resolution and subtracts 44 pixels that are typically used for scroll bars or other browser interfaces which detract from the page viewing area.

Also, Joshie, until your site is cleaned up we will not allow linkign from RCT*Mart. Sites which members link to may not violate the TOS of this site, and I hate to say it, but yours violates several.

We make efforts to protect our members, especially those under the age of 13 (I noticed your site isn't COPPA compliant, either) and allowing links to such sites similarly opens us up for problems.

Please PM me before reposting any links to your site. At that time I'll give it another once-over and see if it meets our criteria for linking.
eastbayboy
Brought up the site again, no virus, looks fine. Thanks!
joshiejack
lol, and i done nothing about it, well the posticons are back, and a few more games added, and to make you all happy evil forum has been removed and we will just be using the square smilies, none other.

and for those who missed the link, MWBILA has given me permission to post it again, www.wildmans.tk

Any more questions suggestions from now?
mintliqueur
I resign from this project, because of some personal reasons and because of a tight schedule in school. I wish JJ good luck with his site!

banana-wink.gif /mint
joshiejack
noooooo...........

why mint>?
(this is all so unexpected sad.gif )
anyways i can manage on my own, latest news not much has happened apart from a new quiz we need you there and those designers its like noone cares sad.gif however i will not give up, biggrin.gif i will do all that i can to please you all what do you want? banana-pompom.gif
riven3d
lol thats too funny for some reason you wont let me on your forums anymore.
joshiejack
well banana-angry.gif

The downloads if anybody was ever to want them are organised in pafiledb, so you'll get your own pafiledb banana-pompom.gif
rct2nut
Please keep personal issues to pms. Thank you
joshiejack
QUOTE(riven3d @ May 30 2005, 01:37 AM)
lol thats too funny for some reason you wont let me on your forums anymore.

fixed!

My place is virtually dead right now, but will persist the forums hopefully will be switching servers soon. We are still waiting for apps sad.gif , mmm....

anyways the actual site is currently at -1% completion, in otherwords in the not thought about stage, but will get to that as soon as i can, have been busy with school work but thats all done now.

once we have switched servers i will once again become the partner of rivens site which can be visited by clicking goofy, for mine (direct registration is the first part of my sig, and to view the homepage the second part) also the move may fix some of the problems that people are having, comments?

IPB Image
joshiejack
MMMM, I have decided to help riven3d. cancel this then however i may/will return in the future, for now the future is safe with riven3d.net

this topic can be closed until further notice
Spunknit
~Closed as requested~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.