Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Problem with Some Rides Exporting
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Blackadder
Recently I have been moving objects back and forth between different copies of RCT2 by exporting them inside "dummy" parks. While doing this I noticed a number of newer rides didn't seem to export properly, even when other objects in the same park did with no problem. Fisherman also informed me that a ride failed to export in a park I sent him. So I wonder... is there a problem with some rides not exporting, which would greatly complicate sharing parks, or is this just a glitch in my computer? banana-confused.gif

The rides I noticed not exporting were:
Lady Croft - Hook's Galleons and both of the Venice boat rides
ckstein - Sky Buckets and Lazy River
Amazing Earl - Dream Woodie, Waterslide, Peter Pan Ships

Has anyone ever definitely exported any of these rides successfully? banana-confused.gif
ekimmel
It's not just your computer. It's a problem with RCT2.
Blackadder
Thanks for clearing that up. banana-wink.gif It certainly is a bit of a pain but I guess I should expect that by now. banana_rollseyes.gif
Wagi
I'm learning to include all custom ride files with the saved game file in my ZIP's to send out, that way I make sure they have everything needed to open the park. A pain, and it makes the zip even bigger, but one way around it.
Blackadder
Thanks for the suggestion! banana-wink.gif The rides that won't export are some of the really good ones, and I would hate to not be able to use them at all. banana-crazy.gif
Rohn Starr
The biggest problem is that the game may, or may not, include the custom ride. It's been hit or miss based on my experience. So it probably would be best if you include the .dat file for any custom ride you've selected when creating the park. Doesn't make any difference if you've used the ride or not.
OrlanDude
Does this 'glitch' also apply to used-made shops & stalls, such as Rohn Starr's fantastic brick restrooms?
Rohn Starr
Personally, I haven't seen that happen for shops/stalls, just the rides. But it's certainly possible.
Blackadder
I've carried out dozens of experiments concerning this issue now and never seen a problem with shops or any kind of scenery; only rides ever seem to fail to export. I'm not so sure the problem is completely random either. Certain rides (such as Earl's Rounded Up) never failed to export while other rides (such as Earl's Water Slide) always failed. So basically, who knows? banana-confused.gif
ekimmel
Based on the list provided and knowing that the HP train also doesn't export I'm wondering if it's only a problem with tracked rides.
Blackadder
You know... I think it IS mostly tracked rides that won't export... banana-confused.gif

Could this be the solution? Has anyone ever had a custom flat ride fail or a custom tracked ride export successfully?
Rohn Starr
I've seen where some non-tracked rides don't export with the game. The problem is that it doesn't always happen that way. There may be an occasion where the ride exports properly with one park file but doesn't export with any other park file that it's included. It's just one of those strange things that happen with RCT2.
Blackadder
Well, thanks for the input. I guess I'll just have to test my parks on a plain copy of RCT2 in the future and include "unexported" rides in the zip file. Just one of those little aggravations, I guess. banana-crazy.gif
MidwestBoyInLA
I first noticed this with the HP release, as someone pointed out. I believe this 'glitch' is completely random. I first thought it depended on what version of the ride you based your custom ride on, but with my "Butterbeer Hangover" (based on the Twister) that failed to export, while AE's rides based on the Twister impored fine.

But yes, it does seem to happen more regularly with tracked rides... though not all of them. sad.gif I've gotten in the habit of including the ride .DAT with any scenery release that may include a custom ride, just for this reason.
Blackadder
Thanks for the tip... and all the great scenery! banana-pompom.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.