Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Default Items List
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
ride_exchanger
Of the 4900-5400 limit, only 2122 come with the game, 772 for RCT2, 712 for WW and 638 TT. Wagi if you want I can give you a list of these objects so you know what you can take in and out.
RCTycoon14
QUOTE(ride_exchanger @ May 19 2005, 02:02 PM)
Of the 4900-5400 limit, only 2122 come with the game, 772 for RCT2, 712 for WW and 638 TT.  Wagi if you want I can give you a list of these objects so you know what you can take in and out.

I dont know about him, but I want it!! banana-smile2.gif
ride_exchanger
The RCT2 list is in this topic:

/forums/index.php?showtopic=2357

And here are .txt files containing the names of every DAT from WW and TT:
Wagi
Thanks r_e! This is a very useful list to have!
citytrader
Of course, these lists beg the question, can you safely remove any or all of these items and still have the game function? I seem to recall trying to remove certain elements a year or more ago, and then the game would not load. After restoring the DATs, the game was fine.

My solution was to make a copy of the original folder with no custom elements at all, and then swap out that folder whenever I need to. For instance, when HP and LOTR came out, I started with my fresh folder, added the elements, and copied that folder as HPobjdata, or whatever. The only exception I have made to this is keeping any new, decent, custom rides, and Fishermans awnings and victorian scenery packs. Way too versatile and handy to not include at least 50% of the pieces in almost any park.

I also purchased the Triple Thrill Pack. As Wagi and others have pointed out, there are at least enough pieces to make things interesting.

To get this back on topic, I would imagine that for a Las Vegas strip recreation, many of the WW elements would prove useful.
yellowrose
Yes that is a question I would also like answered.

And thanks for the other 2 lists RE they will be very usefull.

In doing ZT conversions I like to do a lot of one designers items at a time so will load all of that designer's files into the objdat folder(except Brads' of course he makes his easy) and go from there. Some designers don't release a tab of objects but just individual files and some have a lot. I would like to know which files from these lists can be safely removed and the game still run so when I have a lot of files from one designer to look at I can by removing some of the files from these lists and having the designer files take their place as far as the limits will allow.
RCTycoon14
I don't want to delete anything. I want to know if I could have a list of rides/scenery/pathways/shops&stalls/ect. that is ONLY RCT2 (not any exp. packs).

Thanks,
Trent
RCTycoon14
I's been a few days since I got a reply, and since I'm very impatient, I went ahead and moved the dat files. Now that I did this, could you give me the list of the tracks, and the scenarios?

Thanks,
Trent
ride_exchanger
I keep one folder with just the 2122 DATs for the game and expacs, like you citytrader. I also keep one folder with every DAT I have downloaded so far, plus the 2122 defaults ones. That folder is up to approx. 11,400 files. Other than that, all the DATs I donwload from a known creator I put in a folder for that creator, I.E. I put all of Brads objects the "MidwestBoyInLA" folder, Toons in his folder, Derek's in his, Rohn's in his, AE's in his, and so on...
Also i'll make sub folders for the larger object makers, like a HP folder in the Brad folder, or an awnings folder in the Derek folder, etc.....

That way if I know who made the file, or if I particualrly like a specific object creator or a specific group ob objects and want to include those objects in my new park, I just go get them and add them to the 2122 file default DAT folder and start up the scenario editor.

Ive even been thinking of making a "best of" DAT folder featuring my personal fav objects or those I think any park cant do without. That will take some time and thought though...
RCTycoon14
I'm thinking about just building everything. What I mean is, so what if it's not just RCT2 stuff. Since I have WW and TT I should build whatever I want from it. It seems like people who have it use just RCT2 stuff so people will download it. I think if people build RCT2 stuff with the WW & TT stuff then they would want to buy it. So I'm going to build with WW & TT stuff too! tongue.gif Just thought I would tell you. tongue.gif
ride_exchanger
^ I agree! biggrin.gif Go for it!
RCTycoon14
I've already started! Check out my signature for the banner of the upcoming creation by me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.