Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rct triple thrill pack
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
ktysmi
I have this since I had to replace my other rct2 when the disc started giving me trouble and this version was all I could find.

Now this seems to be the problem and I could be very wrong.

I tried to make a scenario and tried to be careful not to use objdats from the expansions.

Yet people cant open it unless they have the expansions.

Today I moved all the expansion dats out of my folder to find that this version of the game will not even open without those expansion dats there.

I am wondering if there is something about the game "engine" so to speak with the expansions that is different from the basic rct2. If so then even if I just used default theme, rides, and objects, regular users would not be able to use the game.

Anyone else have any issue with this.

If it is the case then I will just use what I want in my scenarios since there is no reason to try to make them more universal.
Wagi
I also have the TTP and I just made a scenario a couple days ago. I asked a couple non-expansion packer's to test it and they had no problems. However, as well all have learned, there are no apsolutes in this game...

Could there be a wayward WW or TT item used? Maybe a ride type? Path? Entrance?
ekimmel
I've heard of that but I've never confirmed it. I'd be interested in knowing for sure.
ktysmi
Wagi, I pulled the entire ww world file out. Then the game did not run.

Then I went dat by dat and could not find a www file.

I am about to go into it one more time.

I had about decided it was because of the triple pack, but if yours runs, so should mine.

I do know that you can't just pull all the dats, because that is what I wanted to do.

Wish I had a second computer so I could try to get a version of the plain game running on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.