Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computer Specs for Soaked
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCT Mike
Ok here is the computer specs for soaked..Looks better to me...I think i might beable to play it...

Required

Operating System: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Drive: 600 MB free
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video Card: Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)
Processor: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card
Wagi
Thanks for posting that Mike!

I hate to say it, but that those are MINIMUM requirements needed for MINIMUM results...unless they made a huge improvement in the game engine you'll probably still need to have way above that to even enjoy the game.

For rct3 my machine was far better than the minimum specs Atari posted, but if I tried to view anything but the smallest parks the framerate slowed down to a crawl. When I questioned why there was such poor performance even with a computer superior to what THEY said should work, I was just told to 'get with it' and upgrade my computer (how it became MY problem I never understood...). Needless to say my RCT3 disc gathered dust for months...if I can't play it why would I bother to buy a sequel?

Anyways, my video board went out recently and so when I replaced it I splurged and got a better one than I normally would have. I tried RCT3 again. The game works better, but still not in the manner that they portray is possible. It is the only game I play that has this problem.

I'm hoping that the rumors of improvement (and they are only rumors since Atari/Frontier refuses to acknowledge that there was a problem dispite the many, many people complaining....) will mean that the game might work a little closer to how it was supposed to work as promised by Atari/Frontier. But this time they are not getting my money until I hear proff that they actually addressed the isue.

BTW...for those people who steadfastly argue that Atari is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and the future of the RCT game is assured under their guideince, please read this article at CNN/Money (HERE).
ekimmel
Apparently it doesn't perform well enough to lower the minimum requirements...
ride_exchanger
QUOTE(Wagi @ Jun 17 2005, 03:03 PM)
Needless to say my RCT3 disc gathered dust for months...
Same here. I played once the first day I bought it, but it wasnt great, so I gave up. BUilt one themed coaster in sandbox mode, thats it.
Anyways, my video board went out recently and so when I replaced it I splurged and got a better one than I normally would have.
I actually splurged WITHOUT having anything of mine fail. Isn't it frustratingto have high tech equipment you dont need/use/want?
It is the only game I play that has this problem.
Same here.
I'm hoping that the rumors of improvement (and they are only rumors since Atari/Frontier refuses to acknowledge that there was a problem dispite the many, many people complaining....) will mean that the game might work a little closer to how it was supposed to work as promised by Atari/Frontier.
I've chosen to reserve hope for something more likely to happen. Like me winning the lottery. banana-lol.gif
But this time they are not getting my money until I hear proof that they actually addressed the isue.
Absolutely, Wagi, I totally agree.
BTW...for those people who steadfastly argue that Atari is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and the future of the RCT game is assured under their guideince, please read this article at CNN/Money (HERE).
Interesting acticle Wagi, wow, I actually read something (I'm not a big reader). It paints a bleak picture of Atari's future.
yellowrose
And with tech support answers that turn the problem with Their game to supposedly your problem coupled with that article they aren't going to get much in the profit field and will lose more than 9.1 million in the next financial report they release.

If these game develpers are going to continue to gear games to the older gamer they are going to have to learn to do testing on a machine the average consumer uses so they can address the problems that we experience. And listen to what problems we are having and address the issues or we the buying public will put our money with a game that works the way it is designed to work with the specs we have, which for a lot of us seems to be higher than the recomended nevermind the minimum.

Just my 2 cents
soaker
Out of curiousity, what are the problems you guys are having with it? I haven`t bought 3 yet, so I`m wondering if it`s even worth it? Is it freezing? lagging? boring?
ride_exchanger
Well I WAS having a lag problem but apparently thats fixed now thanks to SOAKED! I still cant believe it, its like a miracle or something. THey actually fixed it biggrin.gif
Wagi
Yes, the lag problem for many (not all mind you, just some) was pretty bad. I upgraded my video card (the old one was far above the specs Atari set) and the game ran better for me. I can't buy it until it's released later here in Brazil, but I am really encouraged to hear that for many people there is an improvement.

RCT Mike
I get mine today...I will let you know how it is tonight or tomorrow..I maybe playing around with the pools and slides... banana-giddy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.