Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it worth buying RCT3?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCTQueen
I have RCT2 and the expansion packs and i was thinking about buying RCT3. I saw some screenshots and i was just wondering if it is worth the money or not because im not sure if i like the look of the graphics very much.
ktysmi
Queen, if you have a really high end machine, the game is great.

Don't expect it to be at all like the other two for game play.

Still, I think it was worth my money.

I still play 2 more than 3 time wise .
RCTQueen
I have XP. Has it got the same kind of rides as 2? And does it have a scenario Editor and rollercoaster designer?
Wagi
I agree with ktysmi. When I first got it I was very disappointed. It just wouldn't work well on my computer. I wanted to see the same gorgeous parks they showed in the screenshots with a million peeps, gorgeous trees and breathtaking sunsets. And my computer couldn't give me that. I could turn down everything to minimum levels and stick to small parks, and it was fine, but still disappointing since that's not what I wanted. I've since upgraded my machine and it's better...still problems, but better.

For me it's a totally different game. In rct2 I love to create buildings and landscapes. rct3 seems to limit some of my choices while making the 'tycoon' part of the game more important. I think it depends on the type of player you are.

There is a demo (see the rct3 section here for a link...).

If you aren't in a hurry, I'm betting that RCT3 will come down in price in a month or so, after the expansion's been out for a bit.
Wagi
Here's that link RCT Queen...RCT3 Demo
RCTQueen
Thanks everyone for your comments and the link. I will probably buy it because i like the idea of the Soaked! expansion pack, it seems to have more things in it than the RCT2 expansion packs, but i will do what Wagi suggested and wait for a month or two, hopefully then RCT3 will be cheaper.
RCTycoon14
I was going to say this, but this seems like it can go in this topic... I was looking at parks people here made and I was getting a headache. I just want to know if it is just me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.