Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
hiro
Hey! Good news! I found out the title of the new expansion coming this October! It is called RCT3: Wild! THE STORY OF HOW I FOUND OUT: Well today, like many others, I went out to buy my copy of Soaked!, however, nobody had it yet of course, (just my luck). I went to EB Games, which of course, didn't have it yet and I asked the man at the counter, do u have the RCT3 expansion? And he said, which one? I was like, what do you mean which one? And he said, oh of course, the one that comes out this month, NO (OF COURSE) we don't have that one yet. And I asked him, would you mind telling me what the other one is called and he said yeah. He said it is called RCT3: Wild! and you all know it comes out this October! Hopefully we can get some info and screens soon! Enjoy! banana.gif
RCTQueen
There is speculation that it could be a safari/jungle theme, or an expansion pack with really wild rides. It has also been said that it could be a winter theme, with seasons.
mikecoolguy
I can guarantee you that it's not going to be winter. At the Atari forums people keep saying that they should do a winter theme. The admins think it's too unrealistic though, they just say, "what amusement park do you know of that is open in the winter"? I personally wouldn't mind a winter themed expansion pack though. I think it'd be awesome.

Mike cool.gif
ekimmel
I would guess it's a combination of zoo animals (like Busch Gardens Tampa) and jungle scenery with jungle themed rides. But hey, I just got Soaked so I'm not going to worry about it too much.
RCTQueen
Isn't it a bit soon if they have just released Soaked!?
Phix
When I went and bought Soaked! at an EBGames just outside of Austin, they asked if I wanted Wild! as well. I asked them about it and they said that they were already accepting pre-orders and they had a photo available on the computer screen. It didn't show anything new that I know of (only saw it for a few seconds) but it did have some of the things from both Soaked! and the original in it.
ekimmel
There are some screenshots here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646220

It looks awsome!! Check out the new coaster type... Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Wagi
At first I thought "what a rip-off of Zoo Tycoon", but then I remembered there's been a couple parks where I've wanted to have some real animals. This might actually turn out to be fun.

My one concern is how much micro-managing the animals will require. If I can just stick them in an enclosure, assign an employee to take care of them and then can go back to my park-building it will be fine.
RCTQueen
I think its a good idea because its realistic, as long as you don't have to care for the animals too much that the animals become the main focus rather than the rollercoasters.
ckstei01

Am I missing the shots in this link? banana-confused.gif
ekimmel
They moved the screenshots. Hope you saw them while they were there...

I'll post an updated link if I get one.
mikecoolguy
I've got a link to some pics and a little about the game. I'll be posting more links to screens when they're announced at the Atari forums. I've even made a dumb avatar with one of the screens.

http://rctresource.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102

Mike cool.gif
ObsceneJester
A direct link to a page with some screenshots...
http://www.rctresource.com/index.php?act=wild_screens
sambo
The first pic link needs a ".gif" not "/gif" wink.gif
mikecoolguy
The pics should work now.

I get a new avatar, and somebody steals my good old Family Guy! (Brad) Well not today!

Mike cool.gif
joshiejack
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...threadid=483770

i don't know about you, but thats just cruel conditions for those horsies, giant wheel looks nice
joshiejack
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...threadid=485179

The next two tongue.gif
ekimmel
2 more great pics... can't wait to get my hands on this one
Wagi
I really do like the Giant Wheel, the elephant ride looks like fun, great to see the tiger's back.

The giant worms and weird flowers didn't do anything for me.

Still, overall, it has things I'd like to have.
Leonardofury
Cool, we'll get the robo-coaster with this pack together with the giant wheel and a couple more flat rides, hopefully we'll get the Maurer-Sohne X-Car Coaster and their version of the spinning cars.
RCT Mike
A new photo i found...Looks like a superloop..

Check it out
jonnyrocks
Didnt AE make one of those?

This expansion is lookinf FAB-U-LOUS!
ekimmel
That picture can't possibly be real. There are actually people on a ride!!

banana-lol.gif
pnkfloyd12
AE made that for RCT2, not RCT3.
Wagi
QUOTE(ekimmel @ Jul 31 2005, 10:12 AM)
That picture can't possibly be real.  There are actually people on a ride!!

banana-lol.gif

Obviously some bug - oops! - I mean issue that they are aware of... You can use your water cannon or the Smelly Socks cheat to remove them...
Leonardofury
Don't worry though the next patch will fix the problem! It'll also deal with that annoying glitch that allows you to open the park!
Wagi
They posted new screens from Wild! today at the Atari forums. They were okay (I'm not a coaster buff, so some new things don't appeal to me like they do others...)

Yet once again the Giant Wheel is displayed (I think they want us to see they did it I guess! I do like it BTW). There was a new structure with what appeared to be a arched dormer on the roof, not sure if it was a building part or just part of a larger piece...what looked to me to be ostriches, and also what looks to be a MUCH larger train. Also a cargo helicopter (perhaps to move your animals ala Zoo Tycoon?).

The dino-themed gentle ride didn't do anything for me...it seems to have that same weird 'lava' flow on the sides that seems to glow in the dark.

Anyways, it's nice to see the weekly screens!

Now if they put as much effort in acknowledging some of the bugs... banana-confused.gif
ekimmel
If you look at all the rides in those screenshots closely you'll notice that most of them are half full of peeps. With that many people in the park I'd expect all the rides to be busy.

Looks like they still haven't fixed that problem.
Wagi
There is no problem...just an 'issue'...

On a side, I'm building a very small park for a compo, with the park mostly paused except a few time to check things and use the peep cam, I still end up with a park full of peeps walking in place 'enjoying the view'...

Leonardofury
Have you closed the park? I find that's best for building. It certainly helps stop the guests causing lag.
Wagi
Actually the park was open when I got it, so I've just paused it while working on it. I wanted a few peeps in the park so I could use the 'walls/fences on path squares' cheat. And I used the peep cam cheat once too, that's when I found the 'admiring the view' peeps.

At the Atari forums they have said that this is a 'known issue'...their answer was to either use the tongs to move them (some people have 300 of these peeps in their parks...) or use the water cannon to blast them. I don't think using a cheat is the answer to an obvious bug. The peep AI seems to have some real problems.
Wagi
A couple interesting things...

The same day that RCT3 Wild! is released with an assortment of zoo animals, Zoo Tycoon will release an expansion pack that contains some rides... banana-impatient.gif

Over at the Atari forums, there is a interesting thread concerning the question of whether there will be a patch to fix some of the peep's AI 'issues' that are coming up (the 'admiring the view', waiting for group, and the suntan lotion junkie bugs). So far the thread hs remained free of flaming and is one of the longest in their general RCT3 discussion topic. So far it's been ignored by Atari/Frontier, but I understand that the forum mods are asking for someone to post an answer of some type. It's interesting reading, and proof that not everyone's one of the adoring "Fan-Boi's" that usual see nothing wrong with the game or who tend to shout down anyone who disagrees with them..."Where's The Fix?" Thread.
Leonardofury
Added my 2 pence to that thread. You never know it may make a difference.
Wagi
It's here!

user posted image
ekimmel
banana-lol.gif
OrlanDude
You know Wagi, that would be funny if it wasn't so likely to be true. banana-frown.gif
Leonardofury
rolling on the floor.gif Don't show that to Frontier you know it will become the next expansion pack!
RCT Guru
I love the glass dome. I hope it is a building set and not a ride.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/776/shot00654nz.jpg
Leonardofury
I think it's a background guru. The image is repeated on the right hand side of the hill.
RCT Guru
banana-frown.gif
ride_exchanger
Over at the Atari Forums theres a link to 5 WILD videos in the first post of this thread:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showt...threadid=488247

Check out these vids, they show a great deal of game play in WILD!
Wagi
Good idea to download and watch those videos...if previous trends continue it might be the smoothest you'll ever see the game play...
RickM
Wild Looks very good. Anybody know if Tilt-a-whirl or Swiss\Alpine Bobs or Himalaya/Music Express or Trioka and French fries stall in Wild? The fries stall is really needed.
Spunknit
Here

This is another of my favorite threads at the Atari forum, if anyone is interested! Even though the posts have been calm, it is amazing to me how they refuse to even acknowledge there is a problem.
Wagi
They aren't 'problems' Spunky...they are 'issues'...

Yeah, there seems to be an attitude sometimes of having to repeat the same rote advice over and over without really even listening to what the problems actually are. They seem to be too quick to place all the blame on the players.

While the usual 'fanboi' posts still hold forth over at the Atari forums, I'm actually seeing an increase in some really thoughful, none inflamatory threads about some of the problems. Yes, there's still waaaaaay too many people who are dismissive or anyone questioning the game (saying they are either just terminal complainers or too lazy to upgrade their computers to solve what's obviously THEIR problem and not Frontiers...), but I think enough people are saying "hey, wait a minute...this isn't MY fault!" that it's starting to be noticed.

I for one refuse to be silent, if there's a problem they need to know. Being silent doesn't fix anything at all.
Wagi
QUOTE(RickM @ Aug 23 2005, 11:22 PM)
Wild Looks very good. Anybody know if Tilt-a-whirl or Swiss\Alpine Bobs or Himalaya/Music Express or Trioka and French fries stall in Wild? The fries stall is really needed.

Yep, some of them will be there, and the fries stall as well.
RickM
Wild Sounds Great. I cant wait till it Comes out. I heard the Release date is in The last Week of October. Hey thats just in time for Halloween. Trick or Treat.
Leonardofury
IMO I think it is being realeased a bit too early. That's only about 4 months after Soaked! I think Christmas release would be better, maybe the end of November
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.