Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT Revalutions
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > Partner Promos
riven3d
RCT Revalutions is now open

You can expect from us lots of Objects, Tracks, an occasional Park.

Want your own Forum but don't wanna be part of the Team?
Stop by and talk and we can set you up with something.

RCT Revalution
~mike~
I just signed up...
SuzannePark
why are you closing down Riven3d's games galore?
riven3d
Space only had so much room there and we wanted go with a site name that matched the domain name
SuzannePark
looks good, i was a member of the games galore so i will be signing up with your new site banana-giddy.gif
joshiejack
Cool riven, too bad i wasn't first member... O well biggrin.gif
Freak
It's spelt, "revolutions."
riven3d
nm
MidwestBoyInLA
They spelled it that way for a reason. wink.gif
Mokie
I am so there....Lucky #13...!!! Whoo Hoo...! banana-minnie.gif
Great decision to use the Invision board.
Lotsa luck to you and yours...!
You're a great group (that's what counts), you're sure to be a great site! banana-pompom.gif
iCoaster
There even a Disney Section here! The new site is alot of fun! smile.gif
ObsceneJester
Small recommendation, work a 'lil on the graphics.
joshiejack
^ I will tell you this OJ, i know whats going on in that department wink.gif
Freak
For what reason would they intentionally spell words incorrectly? To create a buzz? Incorrect spelling doesn't really make me think that this is a diamond in the rough.

But please, feel free to flame me for an opinion.
Nforce
QUOTE(Freak @ Jul 22 2005, 07:48 PM)
For what reason would they intentionally spell words incorrectly?  To create a buzz?  Incorrect spelling doesn't really make me think that this is a diamond in the rough.

And why not. I don't see what's wrong with someone intentionally misspelling a word when it's part of a website's name. I don't understand why you even care about how it's spelled; it's not like this is spelling test in grade school or a term paper in high school or college.

Let it go Freak.
QUOTE(Freak @ Jul 22 2005, 07:48 PM)
But please, feel free to flame me for an opinion.

Ahh, no.
riven3d
It was named that to be differrent, and frankly to draw attn. Like yourself, you say its spelled wrong and this is the internet things are spelled the way people want to spell them. If you dont like it tough, but its no reason to speak out just because its not spelled in a way you like.

I have to admit when I was first told spell it this way I thought the same thing thats not spelled correct but instead of saying HEY thats not right i thought about it and then it hit me that will shake things up and make people say, Why did they do that? It has to be an error, and then they start talking about it.

As all new sites start out they are a work in progress im NO expert and I dont claim to be, What should be done is give a site a couple of months to come along and build itself. We havent even been open 1 week and some are already talking about you need to do this.

Any webmaster knows it takes time to progress and as I and my staff learn how it will get better. This is only an advertisement for a fan site and should remain that way for any site that gets posted anywhere.

Suggestions are always welcome and should be said in the site that needs help, sometimes not everyone has a chance to check their site's advertisements all over the community.
Freak
No one is talking about the quality of the website here. I'm just questioning the name itself. Unless you plan on growing to the point where you finally change the name to look literate, then your previous post is completely pointless.

There is a difference in the ways you get people to talk about your site. You can create suspense or draw attention to it by doing something completely different or hinting at things, but this isn't doing something different. Instead, you're doing something wrong. By wrong, I mean incorrectly, not in a moral decision as many who read this will probably confuse.

You're instead getting people to question the validity of your website instead of questioning what you're going to come up with next. Changing your site's name to be spelt incorrectly doesn't make me think, "Wow, how original! I wonder what he'll put a spin on next!" I makes me wonder, "What the heck..."

This may be the internet, but I don't see why that should allow for people to make grammatical errors on purpose. There's a difference between typing in a language you don't know or making simple spelling mistakes and intentionally spelling words incorrectly.

While the internet is an escape from school for some, I don't see why one would take a break from using proper English that they'll need throughout life to instead type like they've never heard the language before in their lives.

It just makes no sense to me and I feel it is inappropriate.
rct2nut
Ok folks enough about the name of the site. This is a place for advertising not for telling someone "What" they should do to their site. If he wants to spell the site the way he did fine. I know of a few site that use "Xtreme" instead of "Extreme". So enough is enough. Leave it alone NOW please!! If you wish to continue this, continue it in PM.
ObsceneJester
I have a few more suggestions after browsing your site a little deeper...

-Not to be confused with anything above, but the inproper English used on the forum desriptions is a really big pet-peeve of mine and makes your site look unprofessional in my opinion.
-Your forum names, while semi-creative, are extremely random to me, and often the name doesn't relate to the subject of the forum. It kind of makes it confusing and hard to browse.
-A main site, even if its just your standard IPB Portal. You could always come up with something creative to just use as a homepage instead though like RCT*Mart did. It's extremely hard for forum only sites to grow, RCT*Mart is one of those great exceptions though, but from watching forum-only sites pop up and die shortly afterwards for the past two years in this community, trust me on the one.
-And I think you know what I'm talking about on this one, work on your public relations. wink.gif
Spunknit
Closing per topic starter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.