Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another RCT*Mart Outing at an Orlando Theme Park
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
OrlanDude
With the limited success of this past summer's RCT*Mart Busch Gardens outing, Mousing & I were discussing a possible outing to an Orlando area theme park, possibly Universal's IOA, Univeral Studios, or one of the Disney parks.

My initial thoughts are that it should probably be before Thanksgiving (Mousing would prefer a Monday or Tuesday) and I am open to any park with preference to Islands of Adventure.

Are any of our members interested in attending? If so, when would you be available and which park would you like to visit?

RCT Mike
Aww another one...To bad i cant go..I only live 1 hr 45 min away... banana-angry.gif
wolfman
I live near Orlando, =/- 2 hrs. so I'm interested. I'll be visiting IOA for Halloween Horror Nights, so I'll already have been there. banana-crazy.gif But I guess I'd go again if I could meet a few members from the Mart.

I would love to go to Animal Kingdom as their opening a new mountain called "Everest". banana-grin.gif

Epcot has a few new attractions Mission Space, Test Track, which I've not experienced yet. Never been to Disney MGM, and the water parks are kinda cold during Thanksgiving. banana-giddy.gif

Busch Gardens has that new dive machine, Shei Kra, which I'll always go back & ride any day. banana-smile2.gif
dkimber
I will go to any park if i can get the car. But i have to know ahead of time what date. I cant go on Tuesday ot Thursday because i'm taking a tax class. and I also have to see if i can get the car. Friday would be best.

-Dawn
riven3d
Friday is the best here, and a deffiant date in advance would be good.
wolfman
QUOTE(riven3d @ Oct 1 2005, 10:54 PM)
Friday is the best here, and a deffiant date in advance would be good.

I'm pretty sure you mean definite, as in "clear & unmistakable", not defiant, as in "bold & insolent"?
banana-lol.gif
riven3d
if thats all you have to say then dont post and thats why spell check is needed here.
BeastFan04
banana-frown.gif

Awwww... Why are all of the Mart events in Florida?

*hint*Have one at PKI*hint*
SythDude
I'd definitely make SURE I'd be able to do PKI. But there's only like three or four of us marters that are near that area. Most of the members are in Florida or Cali. Haha.

It's worth a shot. :frown:

I've never been to any park in Florida, and I'd kill to go to IOA.
Mousing
Islands of Adventure is one of my favourite parks. banana-pompom.gif
banana-mickey-dance.gif I do love Disney too as one or two may be aware
Sadly...Mondays and Tuesdays are the ONLY days that I could make a day of it banana-angry.gif
banana-chuck.gif Party on down guys, the Busch Gardens trip was a TREAT.
Islands of Adventure can be a BLAST banana-cart1.gif

user posted image
Rohn Starr
QUOTE(BeastFan04 @ Oct 2 2005, 09:16 AM)
banana-frown.gif

Awwww... Why are all of the Mart events in Florida?

*hint*Have one at PKI*hint*

Why not start a topic for it? It's worth a try even if it doesn't happen this year, it might next year.

QUOTE(SythDude @ Oct 3 2005, 11:31 AM)
I'd definitely make SURE I'd be able to do PKI. But there's only like three or four of us marters that are near that area. Most of the members are in Florida or Cali. Haha.

It's worth a shot. :frown:

I've never been to any park in Florida, and I'd kill to go to IOA.

There are more in this area than you think.
Mousing

It was me that started the Florida Mart outings and we are now planning another of MANY to come for the future.
All you need to do, is to start a post and see who may be interested in going to a park in your area. It is as much a thrill to be able to meet up with other RCT Mart members and put real names to the names we use in here.

So go ahead and post...it just requires one to start something going...as Rohn says...you may be surprised at how many Marters there are in your own area. I was shocked to learn that there are quite a few within a few miles of me.

What do you have to lose....GO FOR IT !!
wolfman
So far, this is the outcome on which day to go.
Sunday = 0
Monday = 1
Tuesday = 2
Wednesday = 0
Thursday = 1
Friday = 2
Saturday = 0

Due to some info I discovered a few years ago on what day of the week is the best to visit any amusement park, I have to add that Tuesday, Wednesday & Thurdays turn out to be the least busy days, with Thursdays being the least busy. People usually try to make a long weekend by adding Friday or Monday. Weekends are the worst days as everyone and their brother will be there.
Mousing
B U M P

Looks like this topic fell asleep.

ORLANDUDE...if you just set a date and see what the response is from that, then we may have ourselves an outing

DoomOfDays
I'd go if we went to Disney! I mean, how can you say no to Illuminations ROE at Epcot?
wolfman
I did IOA for HHN on the 16th. Mostly hit the haunts, and two or three major rides. Had a few drinks and laughed at the haunters. Which is about all you can do from a wheelchair.
banana-pbbbt.gif
Almost any other park would be alright, I guess.
Mousing
QUOTE(wolfman @ Oct 18 2005, 01:06 AM)
I did IOA for HHN on the 16th. Mostly hit the haunts, and two or three major rides. Had a few drinks and laughed at the haunters. Which is about all you can do from a wheelchair.
banana-pbbbt.gif
Almost any other park would be alright, I guess.

Glad to hear that you had a good time at Islands of Adventure.
I have never been to the halloween nights there, but was there last year during the daytime.
It's a pity that you were unable to come to the RCT Mart Busch Gardens outing a few months ago...it was a blast.
I am also in your area, Clearwater Beach here. I believe that there are quite a few other RCT Mart members in this area too

banana-ghost.gif banana-ghost.gif banana-ghost.gif banana-ghost.gif
Mousing
Well I guess that this outing will not be happening now, what with Wilma coming and altering the arrangements.
Maybe we can do something in the New Year??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.