Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT 3 Custom Scenery
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
zacpro
I would like to know how to create some RCT 3 custom scenery...

I have searched on the Atari Forums and at RCT2.com, but I did not find anything that I could understand correctly.
If one of you knows where to find a good tutorial, or can give me some infos about that...

I have a 3D software : Anim8or, but I don't know what to use to convert my files into .ASE files, and I don't know anything about the textures. I'd also like to know how the scenery folders of the game work, because this is not simple !

Thanks in advance, even if I don't know if a lot of people know how to do that.

Zac
Wagi
As much as it looks overwhelming to try to read through 70+ pages of posts, I've heard almost every single person who has designed something for RCT3 say that the massive thread about jonwil's editor over at the Atari forums is a 'must read'.

There really just isn't any 'simple' way to make this stuff yet (hopefully one day...), jonwil's editor is complicated because so much of the inner workings of the RCT3 code is unknown...it's a credit to him that he's discovered as much as he has. Atari and Frontier are not offering any help in this area at all.

At the Mods to the Max site they have a number of tutorials and a link to a program that might convert your files for you. The tutorial by Whiteflash there, while designed for use with Milkshake, still has a LOT of great information about adding textures. Here's the link: modstothemax.net site

Good luck!
Rohn Starr
Your best bet is to ask around in the Atari forums. That's where most of the action is regarding custom objects for RCT3. You may not get an answer immediately as a lot of the people creating custom scenery have been working with the beta release. Hope you can get some of the answers you want/need as it would be nice to see some of those creators getting out in the rest of the community.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.