Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Park Maps
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Blackadder
DISCLAIMER: I am thoroughly confused as to what constitutes "General Discussion" and what constitutes "Q&A", and apparently I'm not alone. banana-confused.gif I hope this post is in the right forum.

In general, does anyone find that park maps actually help peeps find their way around in RCT2, or are they largely ornamental? If they are actually helpful, I intend to give them away in my next park; if not, I'll gouge the little buggers on the price as usual. Any opinions?
ekimmel
Maps definitely help the peeps get around. I almost always give them away free in my parks when I'm running a scenario.
Blackadder
I knew they checked the maps (and scratched their heads) when they were lost, but I wasn't sure if the maps had any real effect. You sound pretty sure, so I'll hand them out for free in the future. I'll have to make it up in umbrella sales when it rains! banana-lol.gif
Nforce
You can sell the maps, just don't overprice them. I set mine at a max of $1.00 and the peeps still buy them with no argument.
RCTycoon14
QUOTE(Nforce @ Oct 14 2005, 07:35 PM)
You can sell the maps, just don't overprice them.  I set mine at a max of $1.00 and the peeps still buy them with no argument.

The game is partially realistic because at real parks the burgers are like $4.50 and in the game it is usually $2.00 the most?
Blackadder
I think the relatively low prices have something to do with the fact that the game was written with British pounds (which are worth almost two bucks each) in mind, and when it converts to USD it just changes the name of the currency, not the amount peeps are willing to pay. Two "dollars" in the game would really be about $3.50.
Tchock
My peeps buy a map and tend to gather and walk in circles around the kiosk. Maybe it's my path layout but it's pretty funny when they start to get mad.

Do you think it would be because I have a few ride exits near the kiosk?
Kace
In general, I notice things seem to run much smoother if the peeps have maps. I usually set mine at $.20 to ensure they all have them but I'm not losing money on them.

Maps still don't seem to have the exit posted on them though because if the paths are going cetain ways they'll never find their way out no matter how many of them have maps.

The pricing system isn't too bad. You can't get $4.50 for a soda like real places do, but then again, I'd never pay $10.00 per ride like these suckers do happily. It's a balance.
Rohn Starr
QUOTE(Tchock @ Oct 23 2005, 08:06 PM)
My peeps buy a map and tend to gather and walk in circles around the kiosk. Maybe it's my path layout but it's pretty funny when they start to get mad.

Do you think it would be because I have a few ride exits near the kiosk?

There's a bug in the game where peeps get stuck near an info kiosk. It's got something to do with the pathing and how it's laid out, but I don't think that anyone has completely figured it out yet. What most people have done is demolish the kiosk and the paths where the peeps are stuck and rebuild them, even a little bit differently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.