Full Version: ok how the heck?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
riven3d
was playing in my scenario editor today getting some pics and found this

user posted image
Tchock
lol, that's funny.
zacpro
banana-dazed.gif Never saw something like that ....

Really funny pic anyway biggrin.gif
ride_exchanger
Yes Ive seen that many times, usually when I have like, 12000 objects in my ObjData folder, and open a downloaded park in the scenario editor, just for fun laugh.gif

Let me give you a scenario (not the RCT kind, no pun intended laugh.gif ) that might lead to this error:

- To start, someone makes a park, and maxes out all their object selections in the "ADVANCED" scenario editor tabs.
- Another random person downloads this park, and opens it in the scenario editor (for some random reason).
- This "downloader" has many, many objects in their ObjData folder. Say, over 10,000 (I don't know the exact number required here).
- Now at this point, I hypothesize that the game might get confused because it is seeing "duplicate" objects (because of the HUGE # of objects in the ObjData folder), and thinking there are more object selections made in the "ADVANCED" scenario editor tabs then should be possible.

Just my theory, based on my experiences.
riven3d
i think the duplicate objects is it, this was only with the expansions installed and about 40 custom objects so only about 2300 objects in the folder.
Rohn Starr
I've actually seen this happen when I was working on one of my landscapes one time. It's just one of those weird bugs that happens every once in a while. I've had that happen with the small objects too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.