Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another help topic
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
mikecoolguy
This was posted by a member over at ACN. There aren't too many people that play RCT over there. So I thought since people here had helped me fix my RCT games so many times, this would be the place to go. I'm posting his message here, and if anybody knows how to fix it, please reply back and I'll let him know.

"Whenever I play RCT2 for more than about 30min, I get the annoying "Blue Screen of Death" that says at the corner; "Beginning Physical Memory Dump"

I really don't like the sound of that

I don't have any of the expansions installed, just pure RCT2 at it's finest.

Is there a cure for this? Or is it just my POS computer?"

Mike banana-witch.gif
TheÜberTycoon22
That is pretty unusual... What is your operating system?
Rohn Starr
Normally when your PC does a physical memory dump, it's because of an incorrect instruction set that causes it to reboot. Most likely it's something that's been messed up in your PC and not the game itself that's causing the error.

If you haven't already, I would suggest running whatever programs necessary to remove adware/spyware/malware and whatever virus program you have. Make sure that all your definitions are up to date before you do this.

Then I would make a backup of anything you've created in the game as well as any custom objects that you have installed. Uninstall the game and then reinstall it. The final step is to add back in everything that you backed up. But don't dump all the custom objects back in at once, just do a few at a time [I recommend a max of 20 or a theme group set] otherwise you'll have the loading bar taking forever to finish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.