Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedy mechanics
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
Tchock
I downloaded a vacation park and the mechanics in the game walk around very fast. How did they do it? Is it a programming thing?

When I make small parks I have one mechanic per ride and put their patrol areas to the ride exits and they still don't head for it. Anyone know why? Do I have to put the area to the entrance too? banana-dazed.gif
TheÜberTycoon22
The person who made it used a trainer. It alters the game code to make the staff walk faster.

You generally do not need patrol areas for small parks. Anyway, no matter where a mechanic is, it will take him a while to get a call that a ride is broken and to fix it. And no, you do not need to expand the patrol area to the entrance, but when you assign a mechanic to patrol an area, did you put him in that area?
Tchock
oh yes, I put him in the area. I didn't know that trainers did that.
Neeltje
the assign area for the mechanics should cover part of the platform as well as the exit. But if the ride has more than 1 station, a patrol area should be assigned for every station, no matter if it is entrance, exit, or both.
Sambe9000
He has a trainer. I do to, it's called Son Of Beasts. Probly the best RCT2 trainer online. banana3.gif
rlindsey
The mechanic will go to the entrance to inspect the ride and the exit to fix it.
RCTycoon14
I don't know why I started thinking about this, but I think that it would have been the hillarious to have the staff drive around in carts, because you know when some guest walk faster than others it looks like the faster one just ran over the other one... just imagine. banana-lol.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.