Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Reminder
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
RCT Mike
Today or Sunday turn your clocks back 1 hr for those who live on the east coast...I dont know if anyone else does but i know we do...
SuzannePark
we turn the clocks back 1 hour tonight (Saturday) in the UK.
Fossil
Not here. We go by the saying, "Spring forward, Fall over."

banana-vampire.gif
pnkfloyd12
That's not only for the east coast. Here in the US, I think all of the states except one or two observe daylight savings time.

For some of us old folks, "fall over" is more of a daily occurance. banana-vampire.gif
Nforce
Well, being a Hoosier, I don't have to change my clocks to observe this totally useless ritual. Until next spring.

[rant]Unfortunately, the powers that be in this state think that just because we don't observe daylight savings time that we're backward. So now we will have to begin changing our clocks next spring.

I no longer understand the need to observe daylight savings time. The U.S. will be lengthening the time that we observe DST next year. We will begin earlier in the year and extend it further into the fall.

If we're going to do this, then why bother changing our clocks at all? There is no longer any need to do this. With all new office/commercial buildings being airtight and pretty much windowless in some instances, the supposed fuel savings no longer exists.

As it is now in central Indiana, it's still quite light out at 9 p.m. in the late spring/early summer timeframe. Now it will still be light out at 10 p.m. during the same time. Those people with small children that have learned that daytime means playtime will now have to deal with trying to get their children ready, and in, bed when it's still light out.
There are still drive-in theaters in Indiana. These business will now have to wait until 9:30 or later to begin showing movies; making it tougher to get customers to patronize them. Just because some businesses think that we have to be on the same time as New York to be a player in the nation. Total malarky IMO.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the need to observe DST any longer. For anyone.[/rant]
RCTycoon14
if [rant][/rant] was a real code... what would it look like?
Rohn Starr
It would probably all caps and bold with some flames coming out here and there.
DoomOfDays
LOL. I forgot to set my clock, and I woke up thinking it was 9:00AM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.