Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
RCT Mike
Only nine more days for the movie..Can hardly wait... HP-harry.gif
Spunknit
I can't wait either. The previews look awesome! HP-dumbledore.gif HP-hogwarts.gif
Matt
8 more days! I can't wait, already have my 7:00 PM tickets.

HP-sortinghat.gif HP-witch.gif HP-dumbledore.gif
jonnyrocks
yeah, this film looks even better than the rest!

My friend got some tickets to see the 'minor' premier, with all the extras and staff who worked on the film, as his auntie worked on the set! he said its really good, so I guess we will have to wait!
ride_exchanger
Im definitely excited about seeing this movie, its going to be great! biggrin.gif
Buckeye Becky
I'm really excited about this one too, this was my favorite book...

You can view some trailers here
iCoaster
4 days to go! I can't wait to see it! smile.gif
JP
Tommorow's the big day for me! I'm going to the theater at about 6 tommorow and waiting in line for the midnight show, so I guess technically thats still friday but its tommorow to me. I'm so excited and this midnight show is gonna be friggin' awesome!
Matt
IT IS HERE! I'm going at 7, can't wait!!
jonnyrocks
Thjere are already some mistakes spotted!! http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3748
Have you seem any?
Matt
MOVIE WAS AWESOME!!! I loved it! They did a great job with Voldemort, in fact, my favorite scene was when he exploded from the cauldron and the graveyard. I assure you, I will be seeing it again very soon!!
ride_exchanger
I tried to go at 1030PM fri night but it was sold out sad.gif (we saw Jarhead instead, which was pretty good)
So we got tics for 1030PM sat night...10 more hours to go!
RCT Mike
I will go see it soon also..Waiting for my Sister to come down..
MidwestBoyInLA
Ok... being the HP geek that I am... I saw a Thursday midnight screening and then saw it again last night.

I still have mixed feelings. I thought it went by WAY too fast and would have liked a few "slow down and enjoy the castle scenery" scenes thrown in... maybe a few classes, or character bits with Harry and Ron. I don't think too many people would have objected to it being 3 hours long.

I liked the climax/graveyard scene a lot... though I wish there'd been more of the wrap up scenes with Harry and Dumbledore (and especially Hermoine catching Rita Skeeter as a bug).

I liked it a lot, but I think Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite so far - probably because it was so drastically different and moody compared to the first three - though Goblet of Fire is definitely up there at the top.

Book #5 was my favorite (so far) so I have high hopes for the next movie, too. They start filming in February.

Overall, though, 5 out of 5 stars.
wolfman
Just saw it last night. Very good movie. I had read the book again a few weeks ago and they left a bunch of stuff out. (I'm assuming that you've read the book, right?) So when I saw the movie, I was sort of disapointed. But the effects were great, and the overall story editing was okay. I really have this thing about heights, and, well, lets just say I kinda identified with Harry battling the dragon. That was kinda scary for me.

I didn't think Snape was quite as menacing as in the other movies. But I did like the scene where Snape pulls back the sleves of his shirt and pushes down their heads, firmly. Very funny scenes. I really wanted to see Rita as a bug also. The ball was great. Hermoine really looked great, very pretty. All the characters looked older. I find it interesting to view the older movies and watch them grow up from one movie to the next.

Could anyone have imagined another giant that would be taller than Hagrid? Let alone female?? That was so funny when harry got grossed out over the whole scene where she ate one of the hairs from Hagrid's beard. ACCK!

I was really looking forward to a Pro Qudditch match and they didn't show much of it at all. It was like, "Look at this way cool stadium, now the camp is under attack".

They should relese an extended director's cut which would have so much more included, which would bring the movie closer to the book version. They'd make a mint.

Must see it again. Definatly!

Matt
That was extremely gross whenever she ate the hair out of Hagrid's beard. bleh...
chadesofblur
We saw this today. I LOVED the book. I was really disappointed with the movie though. There's so much ... just ... MISSING. My husband, who's never read the books was confused as to what was going on.

Bad things...Its been a while since I read the story. But weren't there supposed to be house elves in this one? Wasn't it Dobby who gave Harry the gilly weed? Wouldn't Harry rather have DIED than write 'Sirius Black' on an envelope that might get intercepted by the ministry?! Am I smoking crack? banana-confused.gif The Beaubatons (sp!?) girls didn't entrance the boys like the book...argh! I'll stop now.

Good things...The acting has improved, imo. banana-excited.gif And it's good to know that most teenagers in England (?) look they're from a scene in 'That 70's Show'. Aaaannnnd, the scene in the beginning(ish) with Snape had my entire family ROLLING in the aisles! HILARIOUS!
MidwestBoyInLA
I don't think that was a hair that Madame Maxine ate out of Hagrid's beard... I got the impression it was leftovers from dinner. Men with beards frequently have crumbs and things in their beards after eating.

wink.gif
ride_exchanger
I havent read the books, and I was a little confused about what was going on, too. I think they edited/cut this movie up too much. It could have easily been 3 hours, especially considering the amount of action in this one. It was all about the Tri-Wazard Tornament, and had too few scenes between the kids in classroom settings. Those kids of scenes would have helped to explain what was going on.
SuzannePark
i have read the book and i was confused! i agree that the film moved too fast but 2 and a half hours is enough for me otherwise its too long. my fave scenes were in the lake and the yule ball, overall a great film and the acting has certainly improved!
Matt
QUOTE(MidwestBoyInLA @ Nov 21 2005, 03:26 AM)
I don't think that was a hair that Madame Maxine ate out of Hagrid's beard... I got the impression it was leftovers from dinner. Men with beards frequently have crumbs and things in their beards after eating.

wink.gif

Haha, that still is very gross...

I was upset that we didn't get to see the Hogwarts kitchens and all the house elves. That would have been really cool...
humanmango
QUOTE(chadesofblur @ Nov 20 2005, 10:10 PM)
We saw this today. I LOVED the book. I was really disappointed with the movie though. There's so much ... just ... MISSING. My husband, who's never read the books was confused as to what was going on.

Bad things...Its been a while since I read the story. But weren't there supposed to be house elves in this one? Wasn't it Dobby who gave Harry the gilly weed? Wouldn't Harry rather have DIED than write 'Sirius Black' on an envelope that might get intercepted by the ministry?! Am I smoking crack? banana-confused.gif The Beaubatons (sp!?) girls didn't entrance the boys like the book...argh! I'll stop now.

Good things...The acting has improved, imo. banana-excited.gif And it's good to know that most teenagers in England (?) look they're from a scene in 'That 70's Show'. Aaaannnnd, the scene in the beginning(ish) with Snape had my entire family ROLLING in the aisles! HILARIOUS!

I must say that I agree. Though the movie was very good overall, quite a few parts have been changed or even removed. For one thing, the Quidditch World Cup was cut out ENTIRELY.( banana-angry.gif ) I'm sure that most people would have liked to see it. In short, the movie was good, but it could have been better had it kept all parts of the story.

The Voldemort part was very kewl!!! banana-witch.gif Snitch06.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.