Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Size of Parks
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
RCTycoon14
This is just what I do, but if you are going to make a park with just one specific scenery type then use a smaller size park, but if you are going to make a park with different types of scenery go for a bigger park. If you think differently please reply.
ekimmel
Mine are always 50x50 regardless of the scenery.
ride_exchanger
Thats not true Rick, you've made a few slightly bigger ones I think.

I agree with you, RCTycoon14. I mean my last park was only a 75x75, but I had to chop it up into 3 different sections to finish it.
Neeltje
My last park was 85x85 but with some land outside the gate. It uses only one main style of scenery but since this was a scenario for people to build more, I felt the larger space was needed.
If you want to see and play it, visit Neeltje's RCT2 Land
Leonardofury
It depends how many ideas you have for a park and how much time and space you need. For example if you want a large lake in your park you need a bigger park map so you still have space for rides. For a design mini park I'll use a 50x50, for a bigger resort park maybe 100x100 or 128x128. I find I tend to run out of rides for bigger maps than this before they're full
ekimmel
I should clarify. I've never made a solo park larger than 50x50 by choice. I've made some larger for contests but that was because the scenario was provided to me and I couldn't change the size.
Wagi
I've said it before and I'll say it again...it ain't the size that counts...it's how you use it!
RCTycoon14
I guess what it really is, the smaller the park the easier it is to theme because there isn't too much space to fill in.
TopGun
I'd say that if you've just started playing then you should start small so you can get the hang of filling up an area with one theme. Then as you get better and you learn how to manage your themes you can make the map bigger.
mjdude23
Same as ^ said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.