Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March-October?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
Evanwohrman
Is there any way to mod the game so that it runs January-December instead of March-October? This has always really bugged me, as I want parks to be accurate. To tell the truth, I don't really know of any parks other than water parks that run on only a six-month schedule.
jadedrac
PKI, the park nearest to me is only opened from April - October.
Mousing
I know that a lot of British parks close for winter, Alton Towers did and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I thight that Euro Disney also closed for winter...but I might have the bit of info wrong.

I wouldnt worry too much about it being accurate...after all, it never gets dark and people are in the parks for months at a time...I guess because it never gets dark then they dont realise how long they have been in the park.
ekimmel
Valleyfair only runs for 6 months.
ride_exchanger
Accurate?!? Only water parks?!? Are you kidding me? Every park in the Northeast runs on a March-October schedule. I would expect that every park in the entire northern half of the US runs on approximately this kind of "closed-for-the-winter" schedule, well maybe not the rainy Northwest. This may come as a surprise, but alot of the country is cold in the winter. Not everybody lives in Flordia, California or Texas wink.gif (Although alot do laugh.gif)
Leonardofury
Yep, almost every park in Britian has it's rides closed now. Those that have zoos keep them open over winter but the rides are shut. So unfortunately the March-October, seasons is fairly realistic for me sad.gif
RCT Mike
I think he means about in the game...Not real world parks...You Silly Goose.. banana-giddy.gif
pnkfloyd12
RCT Mike, are you sure you read the same topic everyone else did? (j/k)

He did ask about modding the game to change it from Mar-Oct to Jan-Dec, but he compared it to his experience with real life parks, and as everyone else has said most parks close during those months, unless you live in Florida, Texas, or California. The parks in those states only represent a small portion of the total number of parks everywhere.
skyvanman
I think LegoLand Windsor (England) also runs on a six month schedule because I remember when I was there that the park was not open everyday and I think it was just getting back into the spring-summer time everday openi schdule.
justacoasterfan
Wild Waves-Enchanted Village between Tacoma and Seattle, Washington is only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, a few days around Halloween for Fright-Fest (as this is a Six Flags Park) and a few days in December around Christmas for the Holiday Festival of Lights. All told, the park is open around 120 days total in a given year and of those, about 20 are days most folks wouldn't care to ride anything that isn't covered (lots of rain in fall and winter).

JCF
Matt
Most parks run on a 6 month schedule because the tourism generally isn't in the Winter and during school time. They wanted to make the game more accurate, so they made it that way, nothing you can really do about it, sorry!
Neeltje
From March 1 to October 30 is actually 8 months. I think in real life they use the months the park is closed for building new rides, repairing and redecorating.
But I think most players would offend to having that in the game, and not being able to paint or build rides while guests are walking by.
RCTycoon14
The park I use to go to is now closed forever... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.