Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion needed
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
TheVelvetFoxx
Okay, I'm itching to create a themed park but every time I think I have an idea, it just kinda dies on the vine so I thought I'd put the question to you folks. Anyone got a good theme? I don't necessarily want to use default scenery. I enjoy the challenge of making my own. I know how creative all of you can be and I'm anxious to see your response.

Thanks bunches! banana.gif
Wagi
Are you familiar with the books and TV shows called "Dinotopia"? I've always thought that they would make a great theme. The archtecture is a blend of styles while there's lot's of cool things you could do with dinosaurs...

Here's a link to the official site
rct2nut
user posted image
:::Moving to RCT Discussion:::
Fossil
Here are a few ideas:

Summer Olympics
TV shows (have a favorite?)
Movies
Books
Fairy Tales
Fantasy
Biography
Adventure
etc.
Holidays and/or Festivals -
Fourth of July
Mardi Gras
Chinese New Year
Carnival
Halloween/Harvest
and so on
Landmarks - For example, Katatude's Niagara Falls in UCES.
Historic Events
Period Pieces - For example, Aetherwave's Luna Park, 1906

Good luck!
SythDude
Oh man. that Niagra Falls By Katatude is astonishing.

You shoul do a Tahiti Tropical Island Theme Velvet
JP
I think it would be cool if you did a recreation of Springfield from "The Simpsons". I've always thought a park of that would be AWSOME!
TheVelvetFoxx
These are all excellent suggestions! Now the problem is which one to do first! banana.gif

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I've already started work on a plant pack. I'll let you know when it is ready. I'm also working on some larger scenery pieces.

Fossil - funny you should mention TV - I had actually thought about doing a "Gilligan's Island" style park with scenery featuring some of my favorite episodes. smile.gif

I have all the UCES parks. I'll have to look at the Nigara Falls one.

And...I believe I have 3D models of Bart and Homer Simpson around here somewhere...now to figure out which CD they are on. wacko.gif

Thanks again folks!!! You guys and girls are the greatest! Awinner.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
Wagi - I've been browsing that Dinotopia site - that looks like something that is right up my alley. While I never did see the series on TV, I have read numerous articles on the animation and special FX in it. Believe it or not, I frequently shop for books in the children's section of the bookstore because of the quality of the illustrations. I don't know how I missed these books!!! Sounds like a trip to the bookstore is in order! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.