Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: George Best dies
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
jonnyrocks
I suppose most of you here won't have heard of him, but he is probably one of the greatest football players ever. he passed away today after having a kidney failure.

A great quote to remember him by:

"I spent all my money on women, drinking and cars. The rest I wasted"
SuzannePark
RIP George, you were The Best
Wagi
Yes, it's got a lot of coverage here in Brazil as well, they respect a player of his stature.
Mousing
BBC news webpage for George Best - click here

Im a Brit in Florida and this is the first Id heard of it. It will probably be on BBC WORLD NEWS later.
I have never been a football (soccer) fanatic, but George Best, was one of the best players I believe, I see many of them now as just celebraties, I'm not going to mention any names !!!!!
George Best was certainly one player that knew how to enjoy himself, but going from his medical history, it was his fun times that killed him in the end.
At 59 years old...I think that he did well and got a lot more enjoyment out of life than many other people in their 70s or 80s
I am sure that there will be (if not already) several monuments and statues to celebrate George Best.

user posted image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.