Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RCT2 error
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
mjdude23
Well,
I just d-loaded a park and I'm opening RCT2 and it checks my objects and I get an error trapper. Acess Violation UNKNOWN. Could this be too many object in the obj Data folder??? banana-blink.gif banana-angry.gif

MJ banana-crazy.gif banana-confused.gif
Usf-geek
That happens to me a lot, if you try it again it should work.
RCTycoon14
Sometimes, I think the game... gets a head-ache... banana-wink.gif
mjdude23
Well...
The game works but now I can't download anymore parks.
Nforce
What do you mean that you can't download anymore parks? There's nothing in the game to prevent you from downloading anything from the internet.
RCTycoon14
Do you mean that you cannot put anymore parks into your files? If so it's because your ObjDat file is full.
Nforce
Have to disagree with you RCTycoon14. You can have as many parks in your folders as you want, it has absolutely nothing to do with the number of files in the objdata folder.

The only thing that happens when you have too many files in your objdata folder is that the small object list doesn't scroll using the wheel on your mouse.

This sounds like another issue altogether.
RCTycoon14
The reason this is, is because the park holds the objdat files with it. Once you run the game it says "checking objdat files" or something, and then you click on the scenario for the first time. I think it's inserting the files as soon as you do that. If this is wrong someone will correct it. What you can do is save the parks that you like and uninstall the game then reinstall the game and you would be able to put the new park in there... Many choices banana_rollseyes.gif
JP
The reinstall would do nothing for you if you don't manually go in and delete all your obj. data, saved games and such after the uninstall is over. The game keeps those folders in there for some reason; i guess in case you decide to reinstall. But I am also doubtful that this is an issue with object files. Sounds like it may be a problem with his connection. Possibly a firewall of some sort thats maybe blocking the downloads. Either that or it could be possible that his antivirus program isn't recognizing the file as legitimate and prevents it from opening. I think we all need a bit more info from him to help solve his problem...
mjdude23
Alright! it is working
RCTycoon14
QUOTE(JP @ Nov 28 2005, 06:50 PM)
The reinstall would do nothing for you if you don't manually go in and delete all your obj. data, saved games and such after the uninstall is over.  The game keeps those folders in there for some reason; i guess in case you decide to reinstall.  But I am also doubtful that this is an issue with object files.  Sounds like it may be a problem with his connection.  Possibly a firewall of some sort thats maybe blocking the downloads.  Either that or it could be possible that his antivirus program isn't recognizing the file as legitimate and prevents it from opening.  I think we all need a bit more info from him to help solve his problem...

I didn't think of that... banana_rollseyes.gif

QUOTE(mjdude23 @ Nov 30 2005, 02:19 PM)
Alright! it is working

Great for you! banana-grin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.