Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knock Knock... anyone home?
RCT*Mart Forums > Customer Service > The Greeter
MidwestBoyInLA
Hey RCT*Mart Shoppers. We've noticed the site has been slowing down a bit lately , with new registrations dropping off and with some previously regular members no longer visiting or visting less frequently.

I just wanted to conduct a poll and ask you guys to respond to this topic to let us know how often you're visiting RCT*Mart. Ongoing participation at the site will help us gauge who's around and who may be interested in future projects and events.

If you're visiting the site, please reply and let us know what you do while you're here. Do you visit the Food Court and play word games? Do you check out the downloads for new objects and scenery? Do you participate with one of the Clubs here? How about Contests?

The more information you can provide the better we'll be able to continue to meet your ongoing needs.

Thanks!
Matt
Every day, of course! biggrin.gif
Neeltje
I visit every day, but post not so much. I used to be very active in the games and trivia section. But somehow the number of people playing the games is diminished, and I feel a bit pathetic when I'm one of 2 or 3 people posting.
My life is very busy, so much I hardly find the time to play RCT. But I sometimes download parks I like and play with them.
devilman
I visit here every day, an check the entire site for new things, just havent posted is much at the site since Ive been hosted at Revalutions. Still come in every day to see if theres something new to see, spend most of my time in the rct2 section. Along with Neeltje I too have noticed a lack of topics to reply to lately. But then again, its winter break christmas is over and new years coming up. It should come back to normal eventually. As for contests and clubs, im going to try a few this summer. Currently I dont feel like Id be any match for some other members and I havent found the most suitable club for me yet.

banana-cart5.gif

~Devilman
riven3d
i visit here daily, i read all the new post, but rarely find anything new to download, i also have my own website to worry about so i dont have much time to post here.
Rohn Starr
I'm here, in one form or another, every day. May not post a lot, but I'm always checking things out.
ekimmel
I check in a couple times a day. I try to respond to as many RCT2 topics as I can. I don't pay attention to the trivia/games or rct3 topics.
Leonardofury
Everyday, check the staff room, RCTA forums and the Stockroom. Normally check the Food Court and Real Parks area as well.
ride_exchanger
I read all the new posts everyday, and reply when I feel its appropriate. And of course I download everything thats not nailed down wink.gif (for all 3 versions of RCT, that is)
Brent71
check in a couple times a day. I try to respond to as many RCT2 topics as I can. I don't pay attention to the trivia/games or rct3 topics

This is what I basicly do also.
I'm still a hardcore RCT2 player

Brent banana-donald.gif
ckstei01
I read all the new posts everyday, and reply when I feel its appropriate.

Ditto. I'm still very much into RCT2 and every once in a while try to come up with new projects for rides but the daily grind takes it's toll. banana-crazy.gif
Kuroki Mio
I visit this board every day, but I don't really post that much.
humanmango
QUOTE(Kuroki Mio @ Dec 28 2005, 09:26 AM)
I visit this board every day, but I don't really post that much.

True for me as well... kinda. I try to post as much as I can.
devilman
banana-lol.gif So it seems we have lots of people coming daily to check out other peoples posts. We just need to be making more posts!
MightyMom
Hi Brad! I try to visit as often as I can while taking breaks from building my site. Most times I use the view new post to find whats new since my last visit.

This last week I have been looking for RCT3 tracks and visited that area for the great downloads. smile.gif

I also dont post very often.
pnkfloyd12
I also check in a couple times a day and read any new posts, but for the most part, my posts are usually in the fun & games and/or food court area.

Pretty much the only places I don't check are the RCT3 and RCT2 (WW & TT) areas.
joshiejack
I check here about 3 or 4 times a week, and don't post as much due to the lack of topics and posts. I use to visiit here everyday but since there has been less posting going on it's reduced. And I have been Spending most of my time at other sites mainly RCT Miracles and NeDesigns, also two others i visit more often than here are compo and UTZ. When I check back at NE there is always new posts betweem my visits and same for miracles, so there is almost always something to respond to.( though with miracles a little less frequent cos most posts tend to be in dutch tongue.gif ) UTZ is a site I would really like to see of the ground. R_E knows what i mean and so does Loser_Nerd... And Compo is just well what I have always known.

RCT Mart seems to be alot more empty and another reason my visiting has reduced is because that there is a lack of people commenting on rct3 parks, which I don't get at the other sites.
Viking16
I here every day guy, Just don't say much. I also have my own site to work on now. But I still come here alot. I try to come here everyday.

But I can give you a suggestion I think it's time you guys do your next big thing like you did with HP. that might be why people don't show up as much. But I could be wrong. I am just guessing. Ohh well I am out a here cya guys.

Just remember Remember Brad we still love ya.
mjdude23
Once or Twice A Day
yellowrose
When not away for work I am usually here at least once a day. sometimes more and sometimes I'm here all day and all night just not always looking at the site...lol..I use refresh a lot these days it seems. Between Admin duties at Zoo Admin, my ZT designing and real life I try to get here as often as I can. The places I most visit are RCT 2 Sections, Games Dept for club news for Order of the Phoenix, Special mEvents to see what may be Coming and Harware to see if I can offer any help or get some of my own, and look for new downloads. Mokie always has a thing or 2 to surprise me and Methusalem is still in fine form and gives me something new to play with. Brad I know has more goodies in his head waiting for just the right time to release the creative bug in him and that is always a special treat. I don't go much for the fun and games section although I have posted there a few times. I have come to love the Lost and Found for stuff that disappeared before I discovered RCT. I don't however have much time to play anymore but get lots of use from downloads for my ZT designs which I make sure the original creators get credit and provide links so anyone can find the stuff I use.

Another note for your consideration...this is what I have found as a site Admin as well. Both RCT and ZT now have 3D versions of the game. With limited user content for both and the different game play provided in 3D there are a lot who have moved to the newer 3D versions but you still have the die hard RCT & RCT2 players that will always find time for new creations. Some even will return to RCT & RCT 2 due to trying to create 3D user content can be a daunting task for some.

All sites have a lull and slow down for a while but pick up again after a while. Gamers interest change as well but remember not everyone can afford the upgrades to systems that the newer games require so there will always be a need for at least this RCT site to continue to offer the great things it does for it's members.

Looking forward to the future and to hopefully playing a little more and maybe even a little more designing as i want to also learn the different quirks of the object editor versions I have.
ride_exchanger
I think there are only 2 MAJOR reasons that people go to any RCT site:

1. good rct creations (parks, objects, tracks, etc)
2. good people

This site has the good people, tons of them! In fact, I am most comfortable when I am on this site, I never fear getting attacked, like I do at NE.
And this site has great objects.
But the one thing this site is a little behind in is great parks. Dont get me wrong, this site has its share, just not the volume that NE has.

If you can figure out how to get the great park makers to come to this site and advertise their parks, then you would get all the other people to come over too.

Then again, you might get some people that you DONT want coming over too...hmmmm...

BTW
( I Have no idea how you could get more park makers here. I know, im great at stating the obvious, but not so great at productive things like actually solving the problem. laugh.gif )
jonnyrocks
Every day, although don't usually post. I usually post in the clubs (inventors) although thats a bit inactive, food court and the RCT2 contents
RcTtYcOoNiSt05
Post edited. This topic was not about which site has better parks, or scenery makers, or members.

Keep your spats with one another off of my site, please.
RcTtYcOoNiSt05
Post edited.
joshiejack
Post edited. Joshie, you're not helping anything. Knock it off.
ride_exchanger
Post edited.
joshiejack
Post edited.
RcTtYcOoNiSt05
Post edited.

QUOTE(RcTtYcOoNiSt05)
They have deleted many of my posts here at Mart, which is why I stopped visiting because I just can't post here anymore. I know about everything with the Depot, I also went through something simalar with them but on a way more serious scale, he threatened to set the FBI on me and some of my friends. I think I have a lot more respect throughout this community than you to be honest.

The reason posts get edited and/or deleted here is because I simply don't want this kind of crap on my site. Call it censorship, call it stepping on your 1st Amendment rights, I don't really care. You can say anything you want, but I really don't feel like hosting that stuff on my site, or my servers, that I pay for with my own money.

I've already replied at NE about this subject (of my scenery) and you know my thoughts on it. People are welcome to think whatever they like. Similarly, people can express an opinion here (which ride_exchanger did when he said he got attacked at NE). Yes, he often gets attacked for things he says. But that doesn't mean you need to bring your personal squabble to my site.

I trust I don't need to say anything more on this subject... to any of you (joshie included). I've warned each of you, and am not banning anyone at this time, but don't test my patience.
ride_exchanger
Post edited.
Matt
Enough, closing topic.

I'm very disappointed in the additude that you guys have shown in the past few posts. Getting out of hand and flaming each other is completely unnescessary. This topic was to see who was still visiting the Mart in the time's of inactivity, not to flame each other about other websites and their policies. You guys could have stayed on topic but still debated about NE, but it went completely out of hand. Please never let me see something like this again.
JP
QUOTE(RcTtYcOoNiSt05 @ Dec 29 2005, 07:58 PM)
You want to know the reason why NE is so active? Because they allow us to be. They don't delete every (word automatically removed) post like this one will be and then ban the member, no.
Good day to all of you.

O.o I have to second that one, because a load of my posts get deleted here like I posted once in the Christmas topic but then my post was deleted and I wasn't explained to why, it made no sense, it hadn't even broken the TOS.

The only reason that posts are deleted here is if they are spam or considered offensive by the staff here. I'm sorry if you didn't get contacted about your post being deleted JoshieJack, we always usually try our hardest to notify members when moderator's actions apply to them in some way. Sometimes we may be in a hurry or simply forgot. We're only human.
MidwestBoyInLA
QUOTE(Viking16 @ Dec 28 2005, 04:14 PM)
But I can give you a suggestion I think it's time you guys do your next big thing like you did with HP. that might be why people don't show up as much.

Did you forget the Jurassic Park project? smile.gif It seemed to get a lot of attention, though not many people posted. From the statistics, it seems people just downloaded the scenery and ran. Which is fine, too.

QUOTE(yellowrose @ Dec 28 2005, 10:19 PM)
All sites have a lull and slow down for a while but pick up again after a while. Gamers interest change as well but remember not everyone can afford the upgrades to systems that the newer games require so there will always be a need for at least this RCT site to continue to offer the great things it does for it's members.

Oh, I'm not planning on shutting down. Just trying to gauge how much interest is out there for any continued/new projects.
MidwestBoyInLA
Topic opened back up.

Keep it on topic, please.
yellowrose
Just trying to gauge how much interest is out there for any continued/new projects.

There is always interest for continued/new projects. I think that is part of the reason a site becomes what it does. Because of the new or continually fresh content it offers it's visitors and members.
Viking16
Did you forget the Jurassic Park project? smile.gif It seemed to get a lot of attention, though not many people posted. From the statistics, it seems people just downloaded the scenery and ran. Which is fine, too.

Yeah I did brad just didn't see a huge thing like The HP stuff and your past work. is all but maybe I am wrong. Who knows
Methusalem
Hello,

I`m here normaly every day.
And that`s because of the many friendly people that could be found here!
I`m not posting very much, because english isn`t my language and in fact I don`t understand every topic.
I`m still mostly interested in RCT2-Stuff, because RCT3 don`t runs very well on my PC (and I`m very sad about that).
I don`t join the contests, because I`m not good enough in building parks and coasters (maybe a contest for object-design or new custom-ride-design could be interesting banana-impatient.gif ).
MidwestBoyInLA
Viking, the JP project was actually larger than the HP one. Longer run, more objects, and a bigger send off. wink.gif

I personally haven't had much time to do much object creation lately. Real life has taken precedent, though I do hope to get a few more releases out before I retire for good.

And just a note to everyone... we're glad you are here, no matter how much time you spend at the site and no matter how involved you are. Many people have mentioned that they feel comfortable here and that they consider RCT*Mart their home, and we're glad to be able to meet that need for you.

Incidentally, I could use some help in the Contest department if anyone has some free time on their hands.

I'll be out of town for the next week on a family 'vacation' (visiting my folks in Michigan) but I may have some time during that time to work up a few contests for January... and hopefully get more done on one of the aforementioned projects.

The Order of the Phoenix members will know which one I'm referring to. wink.gif
RCTycoon14
Whoa... I missed something last month...

I didn't come here for about a month. I found a new interest that required alot of time, but now you can see I found time to start playing my favorite game again. I even currently have a project that I am working on, so i obviously have enough time. The other interest I have is in music, but both rct and music are alot of fun for me. Last month I created some music, and remixed a few. I started a webpage for my music so I could keep them organized. I might have to ask someone that has alot of bandwith if I can borrow some, because I'm about to run out at my site. If someone knows a place that allows you to store alot of big files please let me know. I would very much appriciate it!

The music I have created/remixed is found here: http://www.freewebs.com/sax4trent PM me what you think of my music!
CaMoNo
I am on rctmart_sign.gif atleast 6 times a week. I really like to check on any topics I have opened, I also like to check on the scenery and objects to see if there is anything new becase I love seeing what you master designers get up to!!!

banana-pompom.gif CaMoNo banana-pompom.gif
Old Red
...Hello...

...I'm still alive...I think...?...
Mousing
As a retired staff member, I TRY to keep up with what is going on each day.
I still have RCT Mart as my home page and check out some of the new posts.
I really miss managing the contests each month...and I also miss actually playing RCT2, it must be about a month or so since i actually played the game

Greywolf
I've been overseas lately (The Great Middle East War Games) but since my return I try to visit once or twice a week. Great info for a pure escape resource!
Me121
I come two to ten times a day, every other day. I've only come back lately because my game is finally working after giving me months of hard time...still can't figure out how to fix a load of the other stuff on my super high tech three year old computer... (I would insert a banana smilie scratching his head right here, but as I said, my computer's gone crazy).

When I do post, I try to make a pretty long post. After all, what, 8 posts now? Nothing compared to the other people who go here. But I do admit, there seems to be a lot less people lately...even less then when I joined. What we really need is some new idea for RCT1,2, or 3....something no other site has done before...

Well, back to my project...as soon as I think of a good project for RCT2 that hasn't been done before...
Tchock
I'm really busy with school and work. I come as much as I can.
Josho
I'm back for a holiday after living life in remoteness. I'll probably check things out again for a month or so before I swing back out to work. All the RCT work I played around with is back at home away from home so to speak, as well as the RCT discs.

But I'll be sure to see what new downloads are around etc. Looks like I've been missing out!
Leonardofury
Hi Josho, nice to see you around again.
Neeltje
Hi Josho, good to see you. I hope you're doing well
ekimmel
Welcome back, Josho!
rlindsey
I check on the forum every day that I can. As some of you may know, I'm currently helping to judge the RCT3 contests. I invite anyone to join in, even staff! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.