Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shrink and Work
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
devilman
Hey,

Ive been expierimenting with 3ds max lately, and I made a peep for rct. When I shrink this peep none of the features are viewable and things just look messed up, to tall of something, this peep was something I needed for a park. I was trying to mke a peep to match the tower of terror objects in my park and here is what ive got...

user posted image user posted image

If theres any model makers out there that know how to shrink but keep details viewable please reply!

This is what I get after shrunk... user posted image

Thanks!

~Devilman
JP
I don't work with 3D stuff, so my advice may be pretty pointless...

One thing that may help is to lighten the texture a whole bunch. With how dark it is right now, I'm guessing thats one major thing that you'll have problems with. Also, maybe see if you can get the shading right. In the game, the light come from the right side, so anything going the other way will be darker.
yellowrose
Devilman is this the effect you wanted ?

I did this in Paint Shop Pro Version 8 with the illumination effect tool

This is the larger image after I edited out just the background and canvas sized the whole thing to 120x200 pixels.

user posted image

This is the same image resized down to 32x53 pixels - when resizing like this if there is a smart resize option or keep aspect ratio option be sure to use them so you don't lose graphic quality

user posted image
devilman
QUOTE(yellowrose @ Dec 29 2005, 12:17 AM)
Devilman is this the effect you wanted ?

I did this in Paint Shop Pro Version 8 with the illumination effect tool

This is the larger image after I edited out just the background and canvas sized the whole thing to 120x200 pixels.

user posted image

This is the same image resized down to 32x53 pixels - when resizing like this if there is a smart resize option or keep aspect ratio option be sure to use them so you don't lose graphic quality

user posted image

Yellowrose you are amazing! Thank you so much and this is the exact effect Ive needed for so many of my models. Would you happen to know how much Paint Shop Pro costs?

Thanks A Ton!!!

~Devilman
yellowrose
I'm in Canada and can get it in Canadian funds through the Jasc now Corel website for about $100.

You can check it out at their website.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1047025487586

Version X(10) is now available...you might be able to get a trial version to check out. I haven't checked for that yet but I understand they have added some new features to this version. They also have plugins for working with dds files to help out with 3D stuff. Not sure how it works but have read a little about it. Still trying to get the 2D designs perfected,,,,lol
Rohn Starr
devilman, you might also want to create a slightly larger version of these. Consider making colorable versions too. And maybe add something to make them look like toy soldiers. A lot of possibilities with this figure.

You might be able to find an older version for considerably less. I've got PSP8 which I bought near the end of its run. Paid $50 at Best Buy.

Now if I could only learn how to use it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.