Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Selecting small objects in scenario creator
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
jonnyrocks
FFor some reason, when I try and scroll down in the small scenery items list, it won't let me. I ahve the advanced options open, and can scroll on all others. the bar on the side is very short, but I can stuill click it, and I can click on the arrows, although nothing happens. Is this because I have too many items in by ObjData folder?

cheers
Nforce
Ah yes, the scroll problem. The issue is that you have too many small objects in your objdata folder. Most people hit this problem when they have about 4800-5000 files in their objdata folder.

You need to go through your objects to determine what you really want to keep and move those you don't want, or need, to another folder. DON"T delete them.
Blackadder
Whatever you do, don't delete any of the default objects (even useless ones like the Giant Garden scenery). You'll find out why if you do! banana-dazed.gif

Happy new year! banana-party.gif
jonnyrocks
Ok, thanks! I was hoping it wasn't that problem, but there we go!

I have 5742 items in this folder, any idea on how many I need to move? Thanks
yellowrose
To be safe about 1500....good luck banana-frown.gif banana-impatient.gif
Nforce
You can move anything from any of the expansions though. You just don't want to move anything from the original RCT. The reason for this is that the start-up 'movies' pull from the scenarios that were included in the original game.
jonnyrocks
Ah!! It's probably the excessive scenery that I now have from WW and TT that has pushed me beond the limit. I dont use much of that stuff anyway...

Is it possible to take out things while selecting objects and just put them straight back in again afterwards? I guess you could, just hope it won'tcause a fatal error....
riven3d
remove the expansion packs if you can
Rohn Starr
QUOTE(riven3d @ Jan 2 2006, 01:38 PM)
remove the expansion packs if you can

Unless there's something from one, or both, of those that you want to keep for use. One thing though, you SHOULD be able to scroll using the slider on the scroll bar. This has worked for some, but not everyone.

What I've done is uninstall the entire game. I then zipped all the remaining objects I had and am still in the process of determining what objects I want to keep. It's been very time consuming to do this, but it may well be worth the effort in the long run.

After reinstalling the game, I renamed the object files. I added 'rct-', 'ww-' or 'tt-' to the beginning of the filenames. Hasn't caused me any problems so far as the game doesn't use the filename to find the objects.
devilman
I suggest when you take things out also, if you take anything out you do want but not as much as the others put them in another folder or maybe a few folders to be careful in what ya need to put back in!
Havingfun
These tools will help tell you what is original and custom in your objectdata folder.

Site closing March 2006!!!!!!!

Here the newest Datchecker v1.5 & Datpreview2c.

This version has in game names
Dat Checker v1.5 Click blue download file then- Right click on green and save target as.

http://www.rctdloads.net/dldb/index.php?action=file&id=566

Also check out datpreview2c
http://www.rctdloads.net/dldb/index.php?action=file&id=587
jonnyrocks
Wow, thatnks! that just made my job a whole lot easier! banana-pompom.gif banana-chuck.gif banana-grin.gif

Cheers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.