Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Survivor Panama Exile Island
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
RCT Mike
I didnt realize that it was on tonight...Please post your comments on Survivor Panama Exile Island
rlindsey
Yes! It was good from what I got to see. I won't give out anydetails as yet so the west coast people won't miss out.
RCT Mike
Yea...I kinda liked how they split up into 4 groups....And 1 person got to spend the night on Exile Island..... banana-frown.gif
Buckeye Becky
Why do they always get rid of the person they need right away? banana-confused.gif

They keep the woman who is scared of leaves banana-crazy.gif for cryin out loud and kick out the woman who gave them food, drink, and shelter....

ohhhhh...why do I continute to watch this show? banana-lol.gif
rlindsey
She shot herself in the foot when she opened her mouth and stated that she was doing all the chores and no one else was working. DUH!
Fossil
Tina, the bootee, made a sidebar comment regarding the ineptitude of the other women, "What TV show did they think they were going on?"

Well, duh. Tina did no deal making at all. See ya, bye!
OrlanDude
I must admit I like the idea of the "exile island" (with the possibility of finding the immunity idol), but I don't think I like the idea of splitting the contestants up into four small tribes instead of two large ones. I believe the interplay between people in large groups is much more interesting and what makes the show good. It's possible that this new twist will just cement the bonds that hold alliances together, since the contestants will have limited contact with as many as 12 others (at least in the early stages of the game) and this may lead to more predictable votes, which is what I think the producers were hoping to avoid.

As for this week's episode, you all are right. The lumber-jack (jill?) lady was too quick to assert her aggressive personality and as we've all seen before she was the first to go.
Mousing
I was so sure that Little Miss Scary Leaves would have been first out.
I was surprised that the first exile 'implied' that she found the idol on exile island...that is one sure way to prove she will prove herself to be a liar.
I did think that it was funny that when Jeff said that there was an immunity idol HIDDEN on the island...people started to turn their heads around and have a quick look - ahhh, there it is hidden under a single leaf !!!! Then when the exile was looking for it that night...she just prodded around with a stick. I just think back to how difficult it was last season to find the idol in the forest.

Because the losers get exiled to the island and not sent home or to a fancy hotel...I am wondering if they are really still IN the game. Maybe everyone gets sent there, then they have to elect one person each to win!!!!!
Well they did say there was quite a twist this time, which is why I am thinking this way.
RCT Mike
Well if no one watched it last night they split into 2 groups now...They one guy "Shane" who hasnt smoked since he got there wanted to be voted off but it was Melinda who was voted off...2 New tribes forumed

La Mina Wearing orange buffs

1. Terry Deitz - OM
2. Sally Schumann - YW
3. Austin Carty - YM
4. Misty Giles - YW
5. Nick Stanbury - YM
6. Ruth Marie Milliman - OW
7. Dan Barry - OM

Cassaya Wearing purple buffs

1. Danielle DiLorenzo - YW
2. Shane Powers - OM
3. Courtney Marit - YW
4. Aras Baskauskas - YM
5. Cirie Fields - OW
6. Bobby Mason - YM
7. Melinda Hyder - OW

Ok i think i filled you all in for now...Till next week same bat time same bat channel...
RCTycoon14
Here is a link to the cbs site for the complete fill in of episode 2.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/sh...p02/index.shtml
pnkfloyd12
Mike, you forgot to add that the "wax on, wax off" guy (as my wife calls him) took Melinda's place when she got voted off, so each tribe still has seven members.

Personally, I was hoping Shane would be voted off. He's just plain annoying.

lol..I guess I should add that normally, I wouldn't even be watching it, but I kinda got suckered into a Survivor pool at work (I have Misty), so now it's almost like it's mandatory to watch just so I'll have something to discuss with my co-workers the next morning.
RCT Mike
Mike, you forgot to add that the "wax on, wax off" guy (as my wife calls him) took Melinda's place when she got voted off, so each tribe still has seven members.

Yea forgot about him.....And shane is annoying....
Fossil
QUOTE(RCT Mike @ Feb 11 2006, 07:04 AM)

Yea forgot about him.....And shane is annoying....

He sure is. Why anyone would stay in an alliance with someone like that (when other choices are available) is a complete mystery to me. Sooner or later he self destructs, and then the whole alliance goes.
RCTycoon14
Maybe they can use Shane to vote one person off, then dump him and still have more numbers.
Matt
I watched the first episode, but I competely forgot about the second one. Oh well.

I noticed that one of the person's last name's is DiLorenzo. I thought that was sort of interesting because my neighbor's last name is actually DeLorenzo.
OrlanDude
I'm just glad they abandoned the four small tribe format. banana-grin.gif

How do you think the rest of the "La Mina" tribe really felt when Sally or Misty (I forget which one) lost the fishing spear on her first try. I'd look for her to be the first one to get voted out when that tribe goes to council. That sling-type spear looks to be the best way to catch fish.
Buckeye Becky
QUOTE(Fossil @ Feb 11 2006, 09:47 AM)
He sure is.  Why anyone would stay in an alliance with someone like that (when other choices are available) is a complete mystery to me.  Sooner or later he self destructs, and then the whole alliance goes.

And.....why would anyone keep someone who obviously wants to go home...he is going to be trouble...
pnkfloyd12
Well, I have a feeling that the guy who joined their tribe after Melinda got voted off is smart enough to figure out what's going on and I think he could probably sway a few votes if he chooses. Hopefully he can at least convince the women to vote for Shane.
Mousing
I would certainly have voted Shane out...obviously not a reliable alliance to have with him.
ZeRoSkIlL
Bleh, Survivor has been dragged on too long. Don't you think they're going to run out of places?
RCTycoon14
QUOTE(ZeRoSkIlL @ Feb 13 2006, 06:17 PM)
Bleh, Survivor has been dragged on too long. Don't you think they're going to run out of places?

This is the 3rd time I believe that they went to Panama, but as long as they keep twisting the game and adding new ideas it will keep going on. Look at the Mario video games! They are still making those with more ideas! As long as the people keep wanting something more, the owners won't stop making, they will start making more and better to push the desires to new limits to keep the numbers.

I personally like seeing each individual strategy that is tried on the game. The people who boast about having the most numbers seem to fall, like last season. The challenges are becoming more challenging and more difficult to perform, pushing the limits to quinch the desires of the viewers!

That's my 2's for you. banana-lol.gif
RCT Mike
Misty was voted out and poor Bruce got to speend the night on EXILE ISLAND...
Mousing
QUOTE(ZeRoSkIlL @ Feb 13 2006, 07:17 PM)

No, I disagree, I doubt that they will run out of places to locate...there must be thousands of little idlands all over the world where they could do Survivor. I don't think that it is critical that it MUST be an uninhabited island...remember the island that had MILLIONS of human inhabitants (Austrailia) !!!
Also...they could SURVIVE the jungles or deserts of the world, or even some of the cold places, Greenland, Alaska, Arctic & Antarctic etc etc etc

As for it being dragged out for too long. I agree it has been on for a while, but people must be watching otherwise they wouldnt keep doing them. If anything was to be dropped, I would drop all the marriage shows, Batchelors & Batchelorettes...but thats a whole new topic.
Mousing
QUOTE(RCT Mike @ Feb 18 2006, 10:07 AM)

Yeh...twice on Exile Island...hes the 'survival' expert...why didnt he attempt to build a shelter from the rain...maybe he was just too busy and didnt have the time !!!

RCTycoon14
QUOTE(Mousing @ Feb 18 2006, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE(RCT Mike @ Feb 18 2006, 10:07 AM)

Yeh...twice on Exile Island...hes the 'survival' expert...why didnt he attempt to build a shelter from the rain...maybe he was just too busy and didnt have the time !!!

He must not be doing anything on that island, because all that I see of him on the island is him talking about how bad the weather is!
Fossil
"Exile Island Bruce" has a chance to pull off one of the all-time great Survivor lies. He's got three days and a machete, flint and wood. That's all he needs to carve a fake idol.

If he finds the real one, leave the fake for somebody else to find. Else, use the fake as a lever as needed.

And Shane really, really needs to go - and get some therapy.

Big winners this week were Dan and Terry. They were competing with Sally/Misty for an alliance with the young guys. They won.
rlindsey
I totaly agree with you Fossil. Although I think that they probably edited out a lot of the exile footage of Bruce to make him look more pitiful.
Mousing
I doubt that it would take very long to make a fake idol...the real one MUST be tiny, so that they are able to hide it from other players IF they find it.
rlindsey
So, it's been a couple of weeks since the last post. I don't know what happened two weeks ago except I saw the last 5 minutes where Ann Marie got voted off. Last Thursday's show was pretty good. I enjoyed the challenges but even more the fueding. biggrin.gif Bobby really dug himself in a hole when he and Bruce decided to drink the whole bottle of wine themselves. Even though they thought themselves justified, he should've keep his attitude about certain members of the tribe to himself. He just made them mad enough to vote him off.
Fossil
These tribes are soooo clueless. After the rain following the reward challenge, Terry got a fire started on exile island. La Mina got a fire started. Only Casaya was washed out. Guess building their camp in a valley was not a great idea, huh?

If nothing else, they could have used some of the wrapping paper from the toilet paper for tinder. And failing that, alcohol kills bacteria. The fish would have been safer to eat raw if it was marinated in the wine. They also got some cooking oil as part of the reward. That would improve the raw fish, too.

Beans.....

You've got to soak them for hours before cooking. You saw what happens when you don't. Even better, let them soak overinight, rinse them a couple of times the next day and see if they sprout. Bean sprouts are more digestable than beans, and that could potentially triple their food supply. If beans are dried with too much heat, it will kill them so they won't sprout. But you won't know until you try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.