Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoa! How'd ya like this?
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
TheVelvetFoxx
Now this might freak me out!!! wacko.gif

Roller coaster riders suspended upsidedown
August 19, 2004

JACKSON TOWNSHIP, N.J., Aug 19, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- A power outage at a New Jersey amusement park left 20 roller coaster riders stranded for nearly an hour 75 feet above the ground.

Some of the riders were stuck upside down on Batman and Robin: The Chiller after lightening knocked out power to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson Township Wednesday afternoon, the New York Times said Thursday.

The outage caught both employees and riders off guard, a Six Flags spokeswoman told the newspaper.

She said the affected roller coaster is the only one in the park that runs entirely on electricity, while the other 12 use a combination of electricity and gravity.

Because of that, the ride stopped dead in its tracks when the power went out. Eight of the riders were stuck upside down and 12 others were sideways, she said.

It took workers about 40 minutes to move the cars into positions where the riders could safely disembark. There were no injuries.

United Press International
Copyright 2004 by United Press International.
hahaha.gif
rct625
That must of been super scary... blink.gif
ExtremeCoaster
I'm actually going to Six Flags Great Adventure next week. I'm so lucky that it didn't happen next week. My favorite ride there is the Medusa. banana.gif
RCT Mike
I hate to be one of those 8 riders.. mad.gif
Dirk
So that roller coaster has electricity propel it not gravity? Weird.
TheVelvetFoxx
Yep! Its the only one in that park that is powered entirely by electricity. I'll bet they fix that! cool.gif
Matt
That must have been scary... I probably would have passed out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.