Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wii/PS3?!?!
RCT*Mart Forums > The Arcade > The Food Court
Canis Minor
As from both launches from the very few consoles, did you get one yet? I got a Wii over here. What was your experience like getting it?

(Remember, keep this topic spam-free.)
ekimmel
I won't be buying any of them.

Leonardofury
I don't have the time to play them anymore, therefore I'll be keeping my money for stuff that might be used.
Logo Man
Wii all the Way!
How many to U.S.?
PS3: 400,000
Wii: 4,000,000
How Much?
PS3: $500-600
Wii: $250
Fresh Gameplay?
PS3: hmmm...
Wii: Heck YES!!!
What will I own?
WII! WII! WII!
(Why did the PS3 fail? see pic...)
IPB Image
devilman
Its not fully that the Playstation 3 stinks, its that its expensive. I shall own one in the next few months considering I use it as my DVD play it has great games or eventually will. Along with that, the WII is very cool technology and fairly cheap.
FlyingPenguins
I probably won't be getting either one in the next while, but I want the Wii, because it's unique and I can play old games on it.
Captiancreep
whats a Wii?
rlindsey
It's the latest Nitendo platform. And I won't be getting either for a long time if at all either.
SuperDznyMom
I work for a major retailer, and I can honestly tell you that the launch for the PS3 was a spectacle I would prefer NOT to experience again! People started camping outside the store a week before the release date, and it was a big mess. We had to request police presence for the entire week, because of disruptions in the lot. People standing around where cars drive through, kids' on skateboards, pushing and shoving in the line. We even had to toss a few people because they thought they could set up camp inside the store.

The store was only expecting ten consoles, but we only received 8 of them. We did write rainchecks, and posted a notice about it everywhere throughout the store, BUT, it didn't stop the line from building up to over 300 people. We were lucky though. There were no stabbings, no one was robbed, and nobody got shot, like in other places that I read about in the news.

As for the release of the Wii, it went alot smoother, and even though we had more people in line for it, it was pretty much incident-free. We also had alot more consoles on hand.

Now, we have alot more people coming in asking for the Wii, and very, very few asking for the PS3. I think that pretty much speaks for itself. IMO banana_rollseyes.gif
Logo Man
Yep,
The Wii is
Vilonce Free!
PS3 Fans are teens wanting to play GTA: Blow up the town and shoot and kill and rape and... well you get the point
Wii Fans are Kids/teens/Families who are wanting to play sports indoors (i.e. Johny! Don't play ball in the house!)
who are wanting the most fun and orignal games to come
(PS3 and XBOX 360: Blah 4, Halo 3, Tekken 6, GTA 7, Kittypoo 2(?))
that's my 2 cents
RCTKid2
I'm gettin' the Wii for X-mas, but the only thing is that their have been reports of stupid people who didn't use the wriststrap on the controler and it flew out of their hands and speared their TV.
rlindsey
There are also reports of the wriststrap breaking and destroying property.
devilman
Reuters
Nintendo Wii U.S. sales top Sony's PS3: NPD
Fri Dec 8, 2006 7:09 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Nintendo Co. Ltd. <7974.OS> sold 476,000 units of its new Wii video game console in the United States in November, more than twice the number of PlayStation 3s sold by rival Sony Corp. <6758.T>, as the two consoles debuted mid-month, research group NPD said on Friday.

Sony's PS3 sales came in at 197,000.

Microsoft Corp. <MSFT.O> sold 511,000 units of its Xbox 360 in November, according to NPD.

That console, released just over a year ago, is locked in a three-way battle with the PlayStation 3 and Wii, which were released in mid-November amid speculation over whether Sony can maintain its dominance over the global console market after selling more than 106 million PlayStation 2 units globally.

The Japanese electronics maker had said it would ship 400,000 PS3s into the United States for its launch, but there has been broad industry speculation that the company had fallen far short of its initial goal.

Nintendo has said it expects to ship 4 million Wiis worldwide by December 31, double the number of PS3s promised by Sony. Late last month, Nintendo said it sold 600,000 Wiis in the first eight days after its November 19 debut.

Microsoft, which gets most of its sales from North America, is targeting global Xbox 360 shipments of 10 million by year end.

Nintendo's Wii retails for $250; Sony's top-line PS3 retails $600; and Microsoft's Xbox 360 retails for $400.

NPD is still calculating historical console sales data.

NPD said overall video game-related sales were $1.7 billion in November.

Sales of games that run on consoles and portable players were $804 million. Hardware sales were $771 million, fueled by consoles and Nintendo's DS hand-held device, which sold 918,000 units in November.

NPD receives data representing approximately two-thirds of the U.S. retail sales and makes projections for the remainder of the market based on a sampling of U.S. consumers.
ekimmel
We happily replaced our PS2 with another PS2 for Christmas and bought a bunch of new games for it. Our original PS2 broke at the beginning of summer after about 6 years of service.
~mike~
PS3 for me after my 360 got the 3 red lights of death..So i sold that got the ps3 and loving it...Free online play...
RCTNW
My daughter got a Wii and we are all having a good time with it. I personally like the bowling aspect of Wii Sports. I’ve been bowling for over 30 years and I’m very impressed with the realistic pin action and the user interaction. Very realistic. (btw – high game in Wii Bowling is 278)! smile.gif
RickM
I got a WII for Christmas. It is Great. I like the wireless controller.
Sarial Laisha
Lets see... I have Wii and Xbox 360 ^,^

I dont want PS3, as I've had enough of $ony in my lifetime especially after they shut down LikSang >,<
Wagi
PS3 here in Brazil (where it's not even released nor do they plan to...) run R$4000,00 (around US$1850.00), while a Wii (which WAS just released here) runs around R$3000,00 (US$1375.00) but that does include support which Sony will not offer to anyone here even if you bought it in the States. XBox 360 was also just released officially in Brazil at R$2999,00 (same price as Wii - US$1375.00), also with actual support.

I don't plan on paying that much for any of them just yet!
K0NG

Let's see..........

Video GAME console...........................................................................$1,375.00 - $1,850.00
A dozen games for said console so I don't get bored with
my new expensive video GAME console....................................................................$600.00
The look my wife (AND her newly acquired attorney) give
me IF I spend that much on a video GAME...........................................................PRICELESS!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2007 Invision Power Services, Inc.