Carrie and I have decided to close the site because we both are too busy with other things. Carrie is busy with Twisted Sims and I am too busy with school. We have also made this decision based on the updates in the RollerCoaster Tycoon Community. There hardly is any news on anything which made it pretty hard for us to keep the site alive. We have tried some things, we repeated the Halloween SPOOKFest again, and Christmas Holiday Havoc, Wolfman began his club over here, the RCT Veterans. But it was no use I'm afraid. The RCT Veterans have been (or are) moved to RCT Revalutions. Later we set up a competition for Thrillville, but sadly enough there were no entries. There was a little frustration about this, but we could not do anything about it. We had extended the deadline even further but there were still no entries.

Twisted RCT began in June 2005 as a community site with loads of information about the RollerCoaster Tycoon series. More members kept registering but the forums have never been really lively, something that is still bugging me. Although the site never had a large community I still think this is the most successful site I ever had. It lasted for about 1,5 years. I've had a few sites before this but this really was the best one. We kept the site up-to-date with all the latest news. Later Thrillville was added to the site. Somewhere in the middle we had a redesign, we decided to code the entire site ourselves, instead of using Xoops, a php portal. In the beginning we updated the site at least once a day, later we didn't even had one or two updates a month, all because of the community of RCT slowly dieing.

I've had very much fun running this website together with Carrie, I'm sure she feels exactly the same. With pain in my heart I have to close the website that I really loved. But we both think it's for the best. I think the closure of this site is a loss of the RCT community, although we weren't a really large site. There is one slight chance we come back online though... Carrie is keeping the domain name and a back-up of the site in case there will be a RollerCoaster Tycoon 4. I don't think this is going to happen but who knows.

Hopefully I will see you all around somewhere, the forums will stay online until Thursday 5 April, for Designers to gather their things, as well as posting a little bit before the site will be taken offline. Click on the picture above to access the forums. As for now, I will see you around.

With regards,
Tempelman