Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Completed Parks
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
Kalisman77
I was wondering when do you say you are done with a park?

Is it when you complete a scenario objective?
When you run out of rides?
When every tile in the park has scenery elements...

Also what do you think makes a park go from just average, to something special?

For myself, I like to have a park that is well themed and pleasing to look at. (Most importantly from the point of view of the peeps.) I also like a park that is peep friendly, or at least not totaly peep hostile... ( I myself often feel peep hostile, but that's another matter.) I like to see rides named and themed, and I like parks that turn a profit when running.
skyvanman
I say it is good when you have finished it by using most of the rides and have enough rides to have smaller queus. Also when you have scenery on every tiel you are overly obsessed. Anyways I think you did perfectly on your Park Quatro.
TheVelvetFoxx
I love having long queue lines on the big coasters. Some times I make a game out of seeing just how many peeps will queue up.

I don't think a park is ever really done though like art, there comes a point where you just have to leave well enough alone. dry.gif
Kalisman77
If memory serves I believe one of the designers (MamaBear??) over at RCTFun had an article where she discussed theming every tile within a park. Her parks are amazing so perhaps she is on to something. They say the distance between insanity and genius is small, eh?

As for parks never being done, I can only agree... I think I worked harder on Park Quatro than anything else I can remember. I certainly thought it complete when I submitted it, but in the days between submission and voting, I noticed little things... A queue line that could have been better, Big Red should have gotten a better station, I had meant to throw in some humor by naming my staff, etc...

It was the fact that I noticed places, within the park, where I wanted to do more that originally inspired this thread. I was and am happy with the effort I submitted. I think I found the experience to be something like Chinese take out. I worked at it until I was totally satisfied, only to find that a short time later that I was hungry for more.

At any rate I hope this discussion might evolve into interesting reading both for those who have trouble saying enough is enough, as well as those who find themselves looking to do something more with their projects but perhaps not knowing what that something more should be.
Leonardofury
When I'm happy with it.
skatepunk42
Truly an RCT park is never finished if for no other reason than the fact that if you continue to play a park the rides deteriorate or people just don't like them anymore and will need to be replaced. I believe a complete (note not finished)
park will include all the elements Kalismann mentioned and that the theming carry on to the rides themselves even without scenery. I know that sounds cryptic but just look at some of Spunknits work and you'll know what I mean
banana3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.