Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: computer prob
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > RCT General Discussion
legoman786
i have a computer, its a dell. it has a petium 700 mhz processor i added some more memory so the total is 192 mb (yes, i know its weak) i kill all the pograms in the background and still RCT2, makes the computer struggle, anyone knows why??

i feel like this. comp_punches_smilie.gif
TheVelvetFoxx
Hmmm. I have an older machine like that and RCT2 runs just fine on it. Two questions: What OS are you running? You say your machine is a Pentium running at 700mhz. Is that a first generation Pentium chip or a Pentium 2 or higher? Lastly, do you have a graphics card installed - as opposed to the onboard RAM that is reserved for graphics?
Bubby826
192 of RAM?
Take off all things that are larger than 1MB off your desktop, i hope this helps.
Because everything stored on the desktop uses RAM (Random Access Memory) Its also used by many anti-virus programs too.
TheVelvetFoxx
I have a Pentium 2 with 192 megs of RAM that runs RCT2 just fine. The OS can have a lot to do with it as can the number of items you have running at start up. The anti-virus program can slow your machine down significantly, but so can the hard drive if it is near capacity. How large is your hard drive and how much hard drive space do you have free? All these things play a role. The only things you should have on your desktop (usually) should be shortcuts, but I wouldn't recommend deleting things off the desktop until we have looked into the other things I've mentioned. I'm sure there are ways to tweak your system for maximum performance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.