IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Objects not showing up..., Is my game forgetful?
v00d00
post Sep 4 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #1

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 2,428

I tried searching this topic but couldn't find anything similar, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm having a slight problem with micro-managing my objects. For some reason, when I use the advanced feature in "Object Selection", I'll select my objects without going over the limit, but then when I try to use them in the Landscape Editor they don't show up.

I thought maybe there was a conflict with some of the custom objects that I've downloaded from here but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I often work in Scenario Editor, where I do most of my building, so the only other thing I could think of is that the contant saving and overwriting might be the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazilhoundneo
post Sep 4 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #2

RCT Maniac

Group: Frequent Shopper
Member No.: 2,818

I myself haven't ran into this problem, although I sometimes lose rides instead (Just can't find those butterfly cars).
+Quote Post
Rohn Starr
post Sep 4 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #3

I duzn't know nuthin'
Group Icon

Group: RCT*Mart Designer
Member No.: 65

Where would the objects show up in the scenario editor? If you're not selecting a full theme group and you have selected over 128 objects that aren't tied to a theme group, then you won't see some of the objects.

Each theme group tab is limited to 128 objects viewable in the tab window. I would suggest either choosing a theme group and unselecting the objects you don't want; or create a theme group for the objects you use most often. If you need a tutorial on how to create a theme group, you can find one here.
+Quote Post
v00d00
post Sep 5 2005, 04:45 AM
Post #4

Window Shopper

Group: Window Shopper
Member No.: 2,428

QUOTE(Rohn Starr @ Sep 4 2005, 07:12 PM)
Where would the objects show up in the scenario editor?  If you're not selecting a full theme group and you have selected over 128 objects that aren't tied to a theme group, then you won't see some of the objects.

Each theme group tab is limited to 128 objects viewable in the tab window.  I would suggest either choosing a theme group and unselecting the objects you don't want; or create a theme group for the objects you use most often.  If you need a tutorial on how to create a theme group, you can find one here.

To answer your question about where the objects show up, they only appear in the actual Object Selection itself. For example, in Object Selection-Walls, I only have 96 items selected of the 128 allowed. Some of the 96 objects selected in that catagory show a white check mark, just as they should, but when I advance to the Landscape Editor and actually try to place them on the landscape, they do not appear in their respective tabs.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, and I give it a shot. What you're saying makes sense because I have 252 of the max 252 "small scenery" objects selected, and the only theme group they fall in is the big red question mark (misc. objects), and I could see where you might have a point.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to help me with this one.

+Quote Post
Neeltje
post Sep 5 2005, 06:31 AM
Post #5

Shopping Dependent

Group: Shop-aholic
Member No.: 25

it sometimes happens that objects show up in the landscape building phase under a different tab as where you selected them. A wall may show up under walls, but also under a scenery group it belongs to, or under the question mark. Or an object selected under small scenery may show up under walls.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th March 2006 - 02:58 AM

This site © 2004-2005 RCTmart Associates
No part of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the copyright holder(s)
RollerCoaster Tycoon is Copyright © 1999 - 2003 Atari and Chris Sawyer
Skin & buttons by MidwestBoyInLA

Support RCT*Mart TODAY!
Make a donation (in any amount) via PayPal's secure on-line payment center.