Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Objects not showing up...
RCT*Mart Forums > Hardware Department > Q&A Desk
v00d00
I tried searching this topic but couldn't find anything similar, so I thought I'd ask.

I'm having a slight problem with micro-managing my objects. For some reason, when I use the advanced feature in "Object Selection", I'll select my objects without going over the limit, but then when I try to use them in the Landscape Editor they don't show up.

I thought maybe there was a conflict with some of the custom objects that I've downloaded from here but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I often work in Scenario Editor, where I do most of my building, so the only other thing I could think of is that the contant saving and overwriting might be the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this???
hazilhoundneo
I myself haven't ran into this problem, although I sometimes lose rides instead (Just can't find those butterfly cars).
Rohn Starr
Where would the objects show up in the scenario editor? If you're not selecting a full theme group and you have selected over 128 objects that aren't tied to a theme group, then you won't see some of the objects.

Each theme group tab is limited to 128 objects viewable in the tab window. I would suggest either choosing a theme group and unselecting the objects you don't want; or create a theme group for the objects you use most often. If you need a tutorial on how to create a theme group, you can find one here.
v00d00
QUOTE(Rohn Starr @ Sep 4 2005, 07:12 PM)
Where would the objects show up in the scenario editor?  If you're not selecting a full theme group and you have selected over 128 objects that aren't tied to a theme group, then you won't see some of the objects.

Each theme group tab is limited to 128 objects viewable in the tab window.  I would suggest either choosing a theme group and unselecting the objects you don't want; or create a theme group for the objects you use most often.  If you need a tutorial on how to create a theme group, you can find one here.

To answer your question about where the objects show up, they only appear in the actual Object Selection itself. For example, in Object Selection-Walls, I only have 96 items selected of the 128 allowed. Some of the 96 objects selected in that catagory show a white check mark, just as they should, but when I advance to the Landscape Editor and actually try to place them on the landscape, they do not appear in their respective tabs.

I do appreciate your suggestion though, and I give it a shot. What you're saying makes sense because I have 252 of the max 252 "small scenery" objects selected, and the only theme group they fall in is the big red question mark (misc. objects), and I could see where you might have a point.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to help me with this one.

Neeltje
it sometimes happens that objects show up in the landscape building phase under a different tab as where you selected them. A wall may show up under walls, but also under a scenery group it belongs to, or under the question mark. Or an object selected under small scenery may show up under walls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.